Tony Pulis "It's a tough gig this one. It's going to be a tough gig"

Maybe...this guys been around and I assume he looked at what we have before he took the job

We always try to keep the faith...but my God it's difficult sometimes!

It’s a lot to do with the expectation at the club as well. He could be saying tough gig because he knows he has no money to play with (or Monk previously) and therefore what money has been spent has been wasted.

He’s sort of letting those outside the bubble know what’s going on inside the bubble so to speak.

Guest whowantstoberich

Big Tones you are an absolute hero among the Wednesday fans already, keep it up and let’s enjoy the premiership in 2022.

9 hours ago, cowl said:

That Rotherham was just one game more than half of which was played with 10 men actually enunciates my point pretty strongly.

Yet Pulis’ first game we spent 73 minutes with 10 men and only lost because of a mistake by Westwood. Everybody could see Monk didn’t have a clue what he was doing and his 14 months in charge were a disaster.

Monk and Pulis are poles apart.

To steady a ship, you need an old head and that's what we have - it's not just about tactics, it's about respect between the players and the coaching staff, and right from the training ground you can see that Pulis demands respect - he is an old fashioned guy who takes training himself which is an old trait but one that I think should not be outdated, but yet it seems to be.

I'm not getting into tactics and how we play, we all now we are going to feel short changed, but to be honest - we all want improvement in results right?  So how can we complain on how we go about it?

Sure as hell I did not want Pulis as our manager, but i'm totally behind him and I respect his results prior to coming to us, so.....he's our man and I back him.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mcmigo said:

We have been ok this season under monk with the exception of that one week.

we have dropped the worlds biggest clanger getting rid of monk and appointing Pulis trust me .

That one week?

That one week accounted for more than a quarter of our league games under him this season and we scored zero goals picked up zero points, lost to 3 of the worst teams in the division and suffered our heaviest ever defeat to Rotherham. 

Yes, by contrast the rest of the season under Monk, in which we  scored 6 goals in the other 8 games he was manager for was a veritable feast! 

At least he had the form of last season to fall back on though.....

On 28/11/2020 at 18:30, @owlstalk said:

Think it's dawned on Pulis this week just what kind of job he has on his hands at Sheffield Wednesday

Watch to the end

Rubbish !  He knew what he was getting in to, the challenge  will have already been set by  Mr  Chansiri.  Pulis will absolutely thrive on it !!!   UTO 

He keeps saying manage to January d at o that says to me we got some funds to spend? How much well that’s another story? Would he have come here knowing he had very little to spend ? Probably not . Would you trust him to spend wotever he got more than monk ? Absolutely! He not my cup of tea ( football wise) but think he best option for us atm and he has a style and system that he trusts and as delivered in the past. So at least he’ll go for players that will fit his system not like the previous manager 

1 hour ago, kevtheowl said:

Rubbish !  He knew what he was getting in to, the challenge  will have already been set by  Mr  Chansiri.  Pulis will absolutely thrive on it !!!   UTO 

Answer me this

How many of our managers in the last six years have said after arriving that they knew exactly what they were getting into, and that after a while said they had found it to be exactly what they expected??

I will give you the answer - not one

Without exception every single manager has mentioned that it’s a worse situation/squad that they thought when taking the job 

I hope this comment from Pulis isn’t the start of a bigger problem 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Answer me this

How many of our managers in the last six years have said after arriving that they knew exactly what they were getting into, and that after a while said they had found it to be exactly what they expected??

I will give you the answer - not one

Without exception every single manager has mentioned that it’s a worse situation/squad that they thought when taking the job 

I hope this comment from Pulis isn’t the start of a bigger problem 

I don't believe Pulis is a stupid man.

It would take a very stupid, or ignorant man to be not understanding of what he was approaching when taking this job.

I think possibly Monk was such an ignorant man.   Either ignorant, or so arrogant to believe he was capable of  beating the situation.

The same COULD be said of Pulis, is is not ignorant, or just arrogant?  

I certainty hope Pulis is arrogant, because we need that - but I do not believe he is ignorant to our plight.

3 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

I don't believe Pulis is a stupid man.

It would take a very stupid, or ignorant man to be not understanding of what he was approaching when taking this job.

I think possibly Monk was such an ignorant man.   Either ignorant, or so arrogant to believe he was capable of  beating the situation.

The same COULD be said of Pulis, is is not ignorant, or just arrogant?  

I certainty hope Pulis is arrogant, because we need that - but I do not believe he is ignorant to our plight.

Im not saying any of these managers are or were stupid 

I’m saying that when every single one of them had come and been here a while they all told of not knowing the true extent of the issues at Sheffield Wednesday

Thats all

Every manager without exception since Carlos has said it

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Any manager coming in who says he doesn't know the situation is a liar.

Im not talking about the league position 

I’m asking why every manager since Carlos (including Steve Bruce etc) have all said the exact same thing after being here a while 

All of them

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Im not talking about the league position 

I’m asking why every manager since Carlos (including Steve Bruce etc) have all said the exact same thing after being here a while 

All of them

I'm not talking about league position either.

You have an issue,  give it up.

11 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

I'm not talking about league position either.

You have an issue,  give it up.

Every single manager since Carlos has said after being here for a bit that they weren’t aware of the full situation when they came 

Every one of them

Without exception

FACT 

Owlstalk Shop

Its like in my job

You have the interview, everything is cordial, they explain what they want, you tell them how you could do it, all seems good and you agree a start date

Then you start and find out the last guy has run off with all the system passwords, no one else in the business knew what he was doing ,he created a system only he knew how to use, he hasn't run maintenance on the system for a good few years and he left before everything went to poo and had to be accountable for his actions.

I reckon that how we're been run 🤣

• Haha 3