Chansiri has told Tony Pulis he has spent £350 MILLION on Sheffield Wednesday

3 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

FFP breach suggests not a lot!

Total club expenditure since he has been in charge is £26M in 2015-16, £36M in 2016-17, £49M in 2017-18. Salaries and transfer spend then reduced so it is fair to assume the next 2 years shouldn't be more than that, if we say £50M each that would be £210M, then add on £60M for the stadium and £30M for the club. So £300M.

That is what the outlay on the club can be evaluated to during his time - without taking any income whatsoever into account. As we have been told, our money doesn't cover a lot! However, season ticket money, merchandise sales, whatever commercial deals aren't involved in his own companies and TV money can be taken off that amount so I would be surprised to find he has spent £350M on this basis.  

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Man, that has to be the biggest L anyone has taken in history 

£350m spent and this crop of poo to show for it? 

Wowza

No wonder he’s barely in contact with the club, I’d be too embarrassed 

We could have bought 1,000 COGs or bid unsuccessfully for 1,000 Ben10s for that...

If Dejphon Chansiri has spent £350m since buying the club and the current group of players is what we’ve got to show for it, then the level of financial mismanagement that has happened on his watch at the club must be far far worse than anything I’d previously feared and I’d feared it was pretty bad beforehand.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Back of the envelope maths here, but:

60 million buying the stadium just to break even on FFP

80 million spent above revenue over 6 years (the FFP limit)

Revenues from the past 6 years total around 150 million

That's straight up to almost 300 million.

Taking into account stadium upgrades and other activities it's not beyond the realms of possibility...

Whatever the actual figure, it's certainly eye-watering considering where we currently find ourselves.

Oh, I forgot the 30-odd million he had to give Mandaric to get involved in the first place. 350m seems realistic in that case, which is mental.

Oof.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

If Dejphon Chansiri has spent £350m since buying the club and the current group of players is what we’ve got to show for it, then the level of financial mismanagement that has happened on his watch at the club must be far far worse than anything I’d previously feared and I’d feared it was pretty bad beforehand.

Indeed. 

With that sort of outlay, you should be in the Prem, no ifs or buts about it. 

Surely, if you had spent that  much money - and got nothing back on it - you would be asking some serious questions? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TP on the size of the task

I knew it was going to be a tough one before I came to the club.

The chairman has spent over £350m on this football club and the challenge is to stabalise the club.

I’d love to know where..... £350m can he break this down for us? 

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

TP on the size of the task

I knew it was going to be a tough one before I came to the club.

The chairman has spent over £350m on this football club and the challenge is to stabalise the club. 
mid love to know where
£300m can he break this down for us