Monk has made a right mess of our squad

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Either way. We are bickering over something which doesn't matter. Who signed them is irrelevent now. Surely Pulis won't be pushed around in the meeting rooms being told who he has to sign. I believe Tony will call the shots this January. We have to hope its so blatantly obvious how lacking we are that we go out and sort it very quickly. Sadly theres about 9 gMes between now and that. 

That’s true, but the issue is, as you say, if we leave it too long in January, it may well be too late. Don’t think Pulis is the type of manager who will go on a long winning run, especially with the players we are likely to bring in. We really need to give ourselves as many games as possible to gain the points

• Like 1

Modern football.... manager identifies which area of the team needs improving - puts together a ‘job description’ of qualities and abilities. Recruitment team come up with a list based on that criteria combined with the financial parameters they are given by the ‘board’. Manager then has to choose from that list.

That to me isn’t the manager getting the exact player(s) he wants. Recruitment has been absolutely dire since the early days of Carlos.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Post not poster please - I didn't insult you did I?  It doesn't make sense because Monk has actually been involved with signing four players as forwards and all of them are neither centre-forwards nor strikers - all are worse than the players we let go with the exception of Winnall.  It doesn't make sense because we were desperate for a centre-forward (target man) but don't sign any.  It doesn't make sense because we let our only left back leave and never replaced him.  How is that not making a mess?  

No the strikers aren’t as good as the ones we’ve let go. However at a guess I’d say we’ve almost halved the wage bill which is something we’ve had to do because we had no structure in place before and overspent. Not monks fault.

We tried to keep Fletcher and he didn’t want to stay. The others weren’t really contributing or good enough were they.

I’d love for you to provide an example of a manager that has improved the squad whilst halving the wage bill, losing his top three goal scorers, having no money to spend and trying to attract new players on -12 points. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that you won’t be able to provide an example.

Stop blaming monk and blame the idiot in charge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Dejphon Chansiri has explained it,  fairly sure Steve Bruce did aswell 

The recruitment team is Dean Hughes and David Downes mate it ain’t no mystery 

...and every manager that comes in says the same thing.  What they say is that they identify the type of player they want, the recruitment team find names and put them to the manager and then the manager says "yes" or "no".  

This means that Monks has said "yes" to four forwards where three aren't actually forwards and the other isn't good enough, four centre-halves and, at least, two crocks.  Its Monk's mess.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

How about the theory none of 'em give a flyer about Chansiri or the club?

They ALL get f.ookin' paid...and paid off

anyone would do it

Out of work, offered a decent wage...with the proviso

You can't really make any decisions, and if it all goes "T *ts" We simply pay you up...Its a no brainer

You take the money...You have the excuse..."well none of them were my decisions"....Hey presto...Money for jack

Lets be honest...a fair number of our "Signings" over the last few years are bloody breathtaking aren't they?

Money simply squandered by the club...but going where...As they  say

"Follow the money"...

Its about time someone did some in depth reporting and did exactly that!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So was Joey Pelupessy not a Luhukay signing ?     It’s beyond laughable that people keep banging this drum of Paxaio signs all the players ,   Even to the extent of exonerating a ‘manager’  like Monk of any blame whatsoever for recruitment based around a useless system that HE wanted to play

Exactly. I may be wrong but people were clearly sceptical in the early days due to his Doyen links, are any of our recent recruits with Doyen?

1 minute ago, pj owl said:

Modern football.... manager identifies which area of the team needs improving - puts together a ‘job description’ of qualities and abilities. Recruitment team come up with a list based on that criteria combined with the financial parameters they are given by the ‘board’. Manager then has to choose from that list.

That to me isn’t the manager getting the exact player(s) he wants. Recruitment has been absolutely dire since the early days of Carlos.

You've been playing too much football manager.

It's not like the signings were obscure he brought in players that were all experienced championship players, they didn't need identifying did they? Football fans with football knowledge would know who Aden Flint & Jack Marriot are and what they will offer etc.

Monk knew all players coming through the door and what they would bring to the team without the recruitment team, maybe a exception on Dele-Bashiru.

The players we signed on paper I was happy with. 

However Kachunga was signed as a striker and his only meaningful season at this level he was a RW. 

Brown was signed and is a natural 10 player but we don’t play with a 10. 

Paterson is clearly best operating as a CM, upfront he looks poor. Strange he was signed with the intention of being our main striker. 

Negligent of the entire recruitment team to not recruit a LB, CDM and 2 proper strikers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

You've been playing too much football manager.

It's not like the signings were obscure he brought in players that were all experienced championship players, they didn't need identifying did they? Football fans with football knowledge would know who Aden Flint & Jack Marriot are and what they will offer etc.

Monk knew all players coming through the door and what they would bring to the team without the recruitment team, maybe a exception on Dele-Bashiru.

Never played football manager in my life. But I have decent contacts and colleagues in the professional game. 

2 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

No the strikers aren’t as good as the ones we’ve let go. However at a guess I’d say we’ve almost halved the wage bill which is something we’ve had to do because we had no structure in place before and overspent. Not monks fault.

We tried to keep Fletcher and he didn’t want to stay. The others weren’t really contributing or good enough were they.

I’d love for you to provide an example of a manager that has improved the squad whilst halving the wage bill, losing his top three goal scorers, having no money to spend and trying to attract new players on -12 points. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that you won’t be able to provide an example.

Stop blaming monk and blame the idiot in charge.

Monk had his hands tied, no doubt, but he still made a mess of the recruitment - he has brought in too many centre-halves, no left back, four forwards (one isn't good enough and three aren't forwards), Izzy Brown is a crock, Dunkley is a crock, Aden Flint is a crock,  Dele-Bashiru is a good prospect but was considered a first-team player when he obviously isn't, Jack Marriott is a crock.  

You can have less to spend but you have to also be sensible how you recruit.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

The players we signed on paper I was happy with. 

However Kachunga was signed as a striker and his only meaningful season at this level he was a RW. 

Brown was signed and is a natural 10 player but we don’t play with a 10. 

Paterson is clearly best operating as a CM, upfront he looks poor. Strange he was signed with the intention of being our main striker. 

Negligent of the entire recruitment team to not recruit a LB, CDM and 2 proper strikers. 

Spot on this.  

The wrong players were identified and it looks as though Paterson was brought in after they panicked.  

However you look at it it’s negligent management at every level.  

Younger fitter more dynamic squad he said!

Monk is the most incompetent manager I've ever known, none of the players are fitter or more dynamic!

I'd love Flecyher and Foriesteri back!

I'd even take Nuhiu and Winnall back over the dross Monk signed!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Monk had his hands tied, no doubt, but he still made a mess of the recruitment - he has brought in too many centre-halves, no left back, four forwards (one isn't good enough and three aren't forwards), Izzy Brown is a crock, Dunkley is a crock, Aden Flint is a crock,  Dele-Bashiru is a good prospect but was considered a first-team player when he obviously isn't, Jack Marriott is a crock.  

You can have less to spend but you have to also be sensible how you recruit.  

All the good players were desperate to come to us though weren’t they.

Open your eyes. Smell the coffee. The mess at the club is not Monks fault. 

He did little to help I’ll admit, but we were in a mess when he arrived and we will continue to be a mess now he’s gone

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, shandypants said:

If Monk didn't sign them, who  did?  He stated that he the ultimate decision.  Even if he didn't find them, he had the chance to reject them.  

He clearly didn't see Paterson as his ideal signing, and we only turned to him after Leko and Zahore (among others, I'd wager) turned us down.

At a certain point, I imagine it was a case of Paterson or nobody.

43 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Ournsignings are pants because we have no money and had -12 pts. Thats down to DC, not Monk

Yes. Although Paterson was a strange choice. Dunkley  must be good to justify buying with  badly broken leg.

Brown had injury problems so a gamble by Monk. Pelupessy being bought under Jos (did he choose him?) was another waste of money. Wasn't  JVA bought by Carlos ( did he choose him?) ? 

40 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Its uncanny how an owner can supposedly spend £350 mill on a championship club over a handful of seasons, yet end up with a squad that has got worse, had to sell the ground and be fighting relegation. Thats some skill that.

And that's the root cause of all our issues.

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk wasn't responsible for the signings

NO way

you say that but chansiri constantly says there the managers signings. he said same regards carlos after committee was disbanded . but whoever we have in the recruitment process needs to leave the club now .