Monk has made a right mess of our squad

12 minutes ago, shandypants said:

There are reasons that we aren't making chances and not scoring goals but the main reason is that Monk has made a real mess of our squad with his ridiculous signings

The squad was already a mess. Steve Bruce knew, for sure.

What we're witnessing now is the culmination of several seasons of poor decision making on and off the field. Maybe Monk wasn't the right man, but you can't put all this on his shoulders. Many of us said that anyone taking over from him would have exactly the same problems. And that's exactly what has happened.........

• Like 4

Our failure to replace Morgan Fox and not sign a left back is purely down to Garry Monk and his insistence to play with wing backs.

The signings of Kachunga and Izzy Brown both down to Monk and his team. Andrew Hughes picked up the phone and persuaded them to join because he coached them at Huddersfield. Brown is never fit and Kachunga i don’t have a clue what he offers.

• Like 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - I bet they said to Monk "You can have ANYONE you like, strikers, midfielders etc - we're gonna throw the wallet at it and bring you top quality - who do you want?"

Monk - "Well there's a lad with his leg broken in two places who's not played since he broke it in February and who's got metal pins in it - I reckon he'll do"

I’d imagine the initial prognosis was that he’d be back early season, which obviously hasn’t worked out.

A strong centre back for free who would only miss the first month or so of the season - not much of a gamble at the time 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Where's it been explained and by whom?

Have you every asked the owner directly deals with signings? I have and its not how you paint it to be at all. 

Go on then, if you’ve asked him surely you can put me right on the way it’s dealt then ?     

Just now, Bigger Guns said:

How doesn’t it make sense?

How can he make a mess of something that was already a mess when he arrived?

How can he improve it when he’s not had any money to spend? Or when we start the season on -12 and no one decent wanted to come?

You say he signed these players which is factually correct. But the alternative was play the under 23’s because we hardly had any players. 

This mess isn’t monks doing. He’s not blameless but why can’t people see the problem is the man at the top. Its clear as day. You’re either not very clever or you’re thick. 

Post not poster please - I didn't insult you did I?  It doesn't make sense because Monk has actually been involved with signing four players as forwards and all of them are neither centre-forwards nor strikers - all are worse than the players we let go with the exception of Winnall.  It doesn't make sense because we were desperate for a centre-forward (target man) but don't sign any.  It doesn't make sense because we let our only left back leave and never replaced him.  How is that not making a mess?  

Just now, shandypants said:

Post not poster please - I didn't insult you did I?  It doesn't make sense because Monk has actually been involved with signing four players as forwards and all of them are neither centre-forwards nor strikers - all are worse than the players we let go with the exception of Winnall.  It doesn't make sense because we were desperate for a centre-forward (target man) but don't sign any.  It doesn't make sense because we let our only left back leave and never replaced him.  How is that not making a mess?  

Its also a mess because he signed crocks and too many centre-halves.  

Either way. We are bickering over something which doesn't matter. Who signed them is irrelevent now. Surely Pulis won't be pushed around in the meeting rooms being told who he has to sign. I believe Tony will call the shots this January. We have to hope its so blatantly obvious how lacking we are that we go out and sort it very quickly. Sadly theres about 9 gMes between now and that. 

• Like 4

DC should never, ever have given Monk this season. It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that he simply wasn't up to the task and had shown absolutely NO signs that warranted him been given another go this season and more importantly the job of rebuilding our team. DC and Monk have blood on their hands at the death of our season. Our chairman's incompetence knows no bounds, he just makes one massive mistake after the other. We are in serious trouble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, OwlsItGoing said:

Monk had final say on transfers, this squad is terrible TP seems to have made us harder to beat however we have NOTHING going forward, we don't have a goal scoring threat or a player that can produce a moment of magic were toothless and that can't be sorted until Jan 

I don’t know what we’re supposed to do about it because we could sign Harry Kane to play striker but he’d do nothing with 8 opposition players closer to him than his nearest team mate. 

Midfield is far too deep.. we have no players getting in to the box to support and likes of Bannan are too far away to play in effective balls to the striker.

We would have to sort the tactics out but then we’d lose the solidity 

Just now, full fathom five said:

DC should never, ever have given Monk this season. It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that he simply wasn't up to the task and had shown absolutely NO signs that warranted him been given another go this season and more importantly the job of rebuilding our team. DC and Monk have blood on their hands at the death of our season. Our chairman's incompetence knows no bounds, he just makes one massive mistake after the other. We are in serious trouble.

Yep. The biggest mistake giving Monk pre season after last seasons capitulation. 

• Like 4

Just now, Royal_D said:

Go on then, if you’ve asked him surely you can put me right on the way it’s dealt then ?     

I asked where it had been explained as you said it has, time and time again. Post up where and i'll compare it what i was told? But in short, there's a recruitment team, but you'll never know who exactly is in that team, you won't be answered and you'll be told not to ask who is in it either, the manager has a say, but it's very much a top down approach, the manager at the bottom.

So was Joey Pelupessy not a Luhukay signing ?     It’s beyond laughable that people keep banging this drum of Paxaio signs all the players ,   Even to the extent of exonerating a ‘manager’  like Monk of any blame whatsoever for recruitment based around a useless system that HE wanted to play

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Its uncanny how an owner can supposedly spend £350 mill on a championship club over a handful of seasons, yet end up with a squad that has got worse, had to sell the ground and be fighting relegation. Thats some skill that.

It's hard to comprehend, isn't it.....?

I suspect that one day we're going to be held up as a case study in how to blow an advantageous position by doing absolutely everything wrong.

I actually love a history documentary so am all for raking over the past endlessly but as some point we might have to stop talking about Garry Monk and what he did or didn’t do or was or wasn’t responsible for. 

Im getting worried for everyone’s mental health with all of this kicking over the dung heap of what has happened before and who’s fault it was. 

Its time to look to the present and even the future and start cheering or slagging off the decisions that are being made now. 

Anyway, I blame Carlos fo most of it...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Recruitment team bro.

The recruitment team.

I don’t know if you’re doing this to wind everyone up but I wish you’d stop this Monk bullish.t now.  Even if he didn’t directly recruit there is no way a manager doesn’t put his hand up and tell the chairman that a team with no forwards is going to struggle to score.  Monk was tactically inept and couldn’t handle big personalities.  I was sceptical about Pulis like a lot of others but right now I think he’s one of the few managers who can pull us out of the sh.t Monk left us in. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

I asked where it had been explained as you said it has, time and time again. Post up where and i'll compare it what i was told? But in short, there's a recruitment team, but you'll never know who exactly is in that team, you won't be answered and you'll be told not to ask who is in it either, the manager has a say, but it's very much a top down approach, the manager at the bottom.

Dejphon Chansiri has explained it,  fairly sure Steve Bruce did aswell 

The recruitment team is Dean Hughes and David Downes mate it ain’t no mystery