Man of the match - Stoke (H)

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

WHY DID PULIS SWAP HARRIS TO THE LEFT? Kept beating his man, but as we all know, he has zero end product from the left. Bizarre decision.

I said this about 10 times in the second half, it just didn't make sense, I'm guessing Pulis thought Harris had a better chance against their right back,  but both him and Reach are better on their 'correct' wings, not much, but a bit.

My MOM was Bannan, purely for the fact he's the only player that doesn't need to keep looking at the ball at his feet to see where it is.

51 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Harris for beating his man lots and looking a threat throughout. 
he is a modern day Eric Potts

He really isn't.

Potts was quality, Harris can run fast but he's a one trick pony. once the defender reads it once he knows exactly what Harris will do and the defender won't fall for the step over. Even if Harris makes space to cross it's not directed very well. He got one cross in today that was perfect apart from being 6 foot too high.

Potts was a great little player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tarquin said:

Can I say, the only person on the pitch who did owt controversial was the referee. What a 2@he is when he steps on the pitch to ref us. 

First noticed him when he sent Forestieri off v Hull 2016/17.
He’s acted like a clown every time I’ve seen him since, even when  refereeing non Wednesday games.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, prowl said:

He really isn't.

Potts was quality, Harris can run fast but he's a one trick pony. once the defender reads it once he knows exactly what Harris will do and the defender won't fall for the step over. Even if Harris makes space to cross it's not directed very well. He got one cross in today that was perfect apart from being 6 foot too high.

Potts was a great little player.

he reminds me of Potts insofar as he injects pace and a bit of skill into otherwise dour displays. 
he obviously looks nowt like him and for all we

might reminisce about Eric’s crosses, we very rarely converted them - otherwise we might have done a bit better in the 70s. 

I’ll give it to Borner again. I have pot admit that I missed the second half thanks to iFollow and being a dinosaur. So if it’s a close finish cut my score by half. I do think that Borner is currently our beast and loved the fact that after taking out two of their strikers when he was blooded he wiped his mouth and then went and chose the biggest of their players at their free kick and won the header.

Ploughing a lonesome furrow up top. Solid across the middle very tiring taking throws from both wings and more than a little defensive work so I'm going for Patterson for MOTM.

Wildsmith -             7. 

Palmer -                   7.

Lees -                       7.

Borner -                    8.

Van Aken -               7.

Luongo -                  7.

Shaw -                      6. 

Bannan -                   7.

Harris -                      7.

Reach -                      7.

Paterson -                 8. MOTM .

Rhodes -                    6. In the situation we are in he can't expect the golden egg to drop at his feet, he must work a lot harder or Pulis will                                                    ignore him, he has little choice. 

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dire game that we edged. 

Wildsmith 6.5 one excellent save but he made a mess of the other and was awful on crosses and organizing 

Palmer 6 steady 

Lees 5 battled but he gave away ridiculous fouls for pushing in both boxes . Peed me off massively

Borner 8 super again

Van Aken 6 he tries, he’s not good enough 

Harris 7 everything right except his crossing. 2 excellent shots

Bannan 7 so important 

Luongo 7 as above

Shaw 4 a rabbit in headlights 

Reach 5 did nothing 

Paterson 5 I don’t think he’s good enough 

Rhodes 6 I really felt for him

Odubajo 5

Brown 5