Kadeem Harris

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

And if you play him down the right then there's more chance he will put it in the box than the Kop!

Is that what i has come to - the hope that the defenders might score for us rather than us actually having any attacking threat of our own?

It's called playing the percentages.  If you get the ball in the box something might drop or you might get lucky.  If you just lump it out for a throw in / goal kick, you get nothing, guaranteed.

Just not bothered...

Just now, mattitheowl said:

It's called playing the percentages.  If you get the ball in the box something might drop or you might get lucky.  If you just lump it out for a throw in / goal kick, you get nothing, guaranteed.

It sounds like desperation, which watching us is probably fair enough.

I agree on playing the percentages, like not playing someone who is ineffective with his left foot down the left hand side. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Honestly, I must miss this blinding pace and trickery he is suppose to have. 

Tbf he’s not bad at beating a man and putting something in the box 

That something is usually dross mind you 

But imagine the difference if we had 3-4 players in the box when he does 

The most he has ever crossed into is 1 player marked by at least 2 defenders 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Tbf he’s not bad at beating a man and putting something in the box 

That something is usually dross mind you 

But imagine the difference if we had 3-4 players in the box when he does 

The most he has ever crossed into is 1 player marked by at least 2 defenders 

His crosses either go out for a goal kick and or a throw in. If we have 8 in the box it wouldn’t make a difference

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I really don’t like singling players out. But he is really not good enough. His delivery and decision making is Non-League standard.

It’s ok having a bit of pace but his final ball is always shambolic.

It’s alright Pulis fetching Rhodes off, but what on earth is any striker supposed to do when the delivery is consistently Sunday League standard.

His final ball leaves a lot to be desired and on many occasion he should just cross it rather than turn inside and then lose possession.  In his defence he was trying to take players on and make a difference.  I thought he was one of our better players today.

In terms of recruitment we can’t dine at the King’s table.  Where we are is a direct consequence of past mistakes.

Re your comment on Rhodes, I do have some sympathy for him.  He didn’t do a lot wrong and didn’t get the service he needs.  He needs to feed off a target man and we are not geared up to support that.  Rhodes’ Hillsborough career is over. Not all his fault but he isn’t what we need sadly as he seems a good lad and most on here would have loved him to succeed.

30 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Most stats compiled during games have always been like that - a shot that is blocked by anyone other than the keeper is generally registered as a 'blocked shot' and doesn't count as a shot on target even if it was on target. 

And their shot in the first half that Wildsmith pushed out for a corner was logged as a shot on target even though it was going about a yard wide

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I really don’t like singling players out. But he is really not good enough. His delivery and decision making is Non-League standard.

It’s alright Pulis fetching Rhodes off, but what on earth is any striker supposed to do when the delivery is consistently Sunday League standard.

Seems really strange that you have singled him out considering you state you don’t like doing that!!!

4 hours ago, kilbyj said:

Has he ever looked to pick someone out with a delivery I wonder? 

Seems to just swing a leg at it and hope for the best. 

Very true,  it’s usually a miracle he gets the ball past a defender rather than hit the ball against them, but when he does his cross flies over the cross bar or clears the far post.

Anyway nothing against the lad as he works very hard,  but he is one of the positions we need to improve in January if we want to stay up this season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And what did he do?

Well, he put a proper shift in. He didn’t give up. He had our only meaningful attempt on goal. He moved the ball upfield out of danger, often without any help from the chosen ones.

I agree, he could cross better and earlier, but there are plenty of worse players than Kadeem in our squad. 

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

But you made the thread anyway, so clearly you do.

Guest LondonOwl313

I actually think all of our issues are in midfield because we just don’t create chances. It’s alright slagging off Rhodes but you watch him and he never gets the ball so hard to blame him when he has 8 opposition players around him.

Of the current midfield id retain Luongo as DM.. and I think Reach has it in him to play the left hand side role and get some crosses in. Coming to the conclusion that Bannan is part of the problem though because he does slow everything down and he’s not athletic enough to get up and down the pitch. He’s a quality footballer but he just doesn’t fit in a poor side, we need something different. And Harris is just awful. 

Sign a box to box midfielder who can play in a two plus a right winger with some end product and we can go 4-4-2. Think we’d see more chances created and then we can judge how bad the strikers likely are