Away2

Corners

Home1

Away5

Fouls

Home16

Away12

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55025692

Mate, I don’t even know where to go with this.

If you watched the game, you’re telling me you didn’t see our ONLY opportunity when we had a corner, it came out to Harris who hit it first time, it was sneaking in the corner only for Mikel to clear 

They must have showed 3/4 replays 

But you’re going off stats edited on the BBC 

?

Just now, the monk said:

Think I expect too much from a pro footballer 

Mate, for years I have lamented professional footballers who are unable to play effectively with their weaker foot but it seems more prevalent than it ever has done.

Wherever that is the case, surely the best option is to play to their strngths when they have a clear weakness. 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

If you watched the game, you’re telling me you didn’t see our ONLY opportunity when we had a corner, it came out to Harris who hit it first time, it was sneaking in the corner only for Mikel to clear 

?

Leave it pal its not worth it ,we didn't see it , it didn't happen   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

The one that hit the outside of the post?

No! 

Well done for quoting the BBC stats though, if you were watching the game you would have seen the goal bound effort that was cleared by a Stoke defender.

Just now, mattitheowl said:

I must have nodded off for that bit.  Easily done during that game!  Weird that all the stats have it as zero shots on target then!

Tbh I don’t blame you 

Throughout supporting this club I don’t think I’ve ever found myself drifting out of games more

It used to kill me missing 5 seconds! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

?

I've got literally no recollection of it, even with your description.  There was a shot that was deflected wide that I remember but it wasn't off the line.  And every site has it as zero shots on target.  I must have genuinely nodded off. lol

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...

3 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I must have nodded off for that bit.  Easily done during that game!  Weird that all the stats have it as zero shots on target then!

Most stats compiled during games have always been like that - a shot that is blocked by anyone other than the keeper is generally registered as a 'blocked shot' and doesn't count as a shot on target even if it was on target. 

I was a bit frustrated with Harris today. 

Could easily beat his man but in the second half when he did he had one cross go out for a throw in and the other time he just ran the ball out of play. 

So, positive is at least he can sometime beat his man. Not every player can do this. Big test is can he be coached on how to just knock a simple ball at pace into the box with his left foot? If he can’t then surely play him on the right?

I personally like wide players playing on their strongest foot. The cutting inside is one of those things that sounds good but doesn’t seem to come off much. 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I was a bit frustrated with Harris today. 

Could easily beat his man but in the second half when he did he had one cross go out for a throw in and the other time he just ran the ball out of play. 

So, positive is at least he can sometime beat his man. Not every player can do this. Big test is can he be coached on how to just knock a simple ball at pace into the box with his left foot? If he can’t then surely play him on the right?

I personally like wide players playing on their strongest foot. The cutting inside is one of those things that sounds good but doesn’t seem to come off much. 

If he's reached this stage in his career and can't put a simple cross in (off either wing) I don't think any amount of coaching is going to change anything!

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

If he's reached this stage in his career and can't put a simple cross in (off either wing) I don't think any amount of coaching is going to change anything!

Quite possibly but you never know. 
Your never to old to learn something new 👍

58 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I really don’t like singling players out. But he is really not good enough. His delivery and decision making is Non-League standard.

It’s ok having a bit of pace but his final ball is always shambolic.

It’s alright Pulis fetching Rhodes off, but what on earth is any striker supposed to do when the delivery is consistently Sunday League standard.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. 

The pace and trickery of harris and the delivery of ross wallace we would be onto a winner.

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So why bother playing him down the left when everyone knows his effectiveness is poor?

Also, who do you reckon is getting on the end of any cross we do put in? Stoke regularly outnumbered us 3 to 1 in their penalty area when we did get into wide areas, we have little chance of winning a cross, less chance of scoring from one and nobody with any goal threat picking up any second balls. 

Little to no goal threat from crosses or open play in general.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

So why bother playing him down the left when everyone knows his effectiveness is poor?

Also, who do you reckon is getting on the end of any cross we do put in? Stoke regularly outnumbered us 3 to 1 in their penalty area when we did get into wide areas, we have little chance of winning a cross, less chance of scoring from one and nobody with any goal threat picking up any second balls. 

Little to no goal threat from crosses or open play in general.

If you get it in the box they might put it in their own net.  They can't do that from half way up the kop!

Just not bothered...

4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

If you get it in the box they might put it in their own net.  They can't do that from half way up the kop!

And if you play him down the right then there's more chance he will put it in the box than the Kop!

Is that what i has come to - the hope that the defenders might score for us rather than us actually having any attacking threat of our own?