Gotta feel sorry for Rhodes

I haven't been on here slagging him off before today, just as I dont boo, players at games. But if he isnt first name on the team in a squad that has no other natural strikers , then surely he knows he isnt doing what he is paid to do?

Lets look at his attributes,  No pace, so cant run in behind, Weak in the air one on one, Cant dribble, doesnt do the unexpected, his game is all about his returns, finishing in the box, 12 goals in four and a bit years. At a cost of around £18 in fees and wages. Thats £1.5m per goal.

If we signed somebody with a record like that this site would be in meltdown. And all this in his prime years age 25-30 .

As a signing he ranks along side the worst mistakes we have ever made.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I’ve been one of the supporters who has constantly thought that if given a chance JR will ultimately deliver, but clearly TP has not been impressed by what he’s seen. Big shame that he felt it necessary to humiliate him like that but no doubt he will explain his reasoning. Presumably Rhodes will be on his way in January, releasing some much needed funds. Have to question now whether he’s bound for L1. 

Seriously would anyone sign him?  

• Like 2

Just now, vulva said:

Pulis is making a point to DC. Nothing to do with tactics. This is an experienced manager taking full advantage of his newly appointed status to push his luck and get the cheque book opened. 

Exactly this.

Its a calculated message.

”Just look. I’ve nobody! You have to buy me a top striker and now!”

I don’t like it, because I like Rhodes, but I do understand it.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The way some of you talk on here about Rhodes it’s as if we’ve got better options.

KACHUNGA

WINDASS

PATERSON

BROWN (apparently)

What are you on about?

what a shocking choice of “strikers”. None of those 4 are what you would class as out and out strikers. It really is a pathetic situation 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Dont feel sorry for Rhodes at all. The lad is on about 30k per week and has scored around 10 goals in 3 years. Rhodes is done and has been for a long time.

I'm more gutted we don't have Joao anymore. Another club is reaping the benefit of him maturing.

Spot on compare the two skill sets and Joao, was always the better option and can only improve, Rhodes was supposed to be  in his prime over the last 4 years.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The way some of you talk on here about Rhodes it’s as if we’ve got better options.

KACHUNGA

WINDASS

PATERSON

BROWN (apparently)

What are you on about?

they aint a manager who could work with this lot. he is trying to squeeze draws before jan 1st but by then it be too late.