Gotta feel sorry for Rhodes

11 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Don’t care if he looked gutted. I’m gutted that we are paying him £30k a week to amble around doing nothing. 

He never gets on the end of anything. It happens every time he plays. Balls over the top that look like ‘nearly’ balls but other plays seem to get on the end of them. 

He’s abysmal. Get him fooked off

Genuine question. Who in the last couple of seasons get on the end of these ‘nearly’ balls? You shouldn’t be trying pin point 40 yard passes where it’s hard to bring down and then finish and shake off a defender.

You should be sliding passes through. Rhodes makes those runs time and time again. Nobody is good enough to give it him and we are barely high enough up the pitch to even try. Izzy Brown was a player I was looking forward to seeing because he spots those runs. Whether it’s injury or what but he can’t even get in the side. A chance created every 30 minutes for Luton, what’s he done for us? That’s not a criticism of him. It’s a slagging off of management, tactics and eye bleedingly dour football.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Genuine question. Who in the last couple of seasons get on the end of these ‘nearly’ balls? You shouldn’t be trying pin point 40 yard passes where it’s hard to bring down and then finish and shake off a defender.

You should be sliding passes through. Rhodes makes those runs time and time again. Nobody is good enough to give it him and we are barely high enough up the pitch to even try. Izzy Brown was a player I was looking forward to seeing because he spots those runs. Whether it’s injury or what but he can’t even get in the side. A chance created every 30 minutes for Luton, what’s he done for us? That’s not a criticism of him. It’s a slagging off of management, tactics and eye bleedingly dour football.

Just a few games ago windass got on the end of one and won a penalty. He’s got on a few this season.

Fletcher regularly got on the end of bannan’s balls as well.

Rhodes simply ain’t good enough

• Like 1

I really like Rhodes and it was an uneasy substitution to witness, but this might be the kick up the backside which gets him in the right mindset to get back out there and prove people wrong, rather than going through the motions every game

Nothing else has worked, so it's worth a shot.

• Like 4

No need to do that to Rhodes, he brought on Brown who is shizzle. If he was searching for a point and wanted to bolster the defence fair enough, but he showed intentions to try and win.

Rhodes is on good money, that’s accepted but he is clearly not an a hole,  to treat him like one is not acceptable in my opinion.

• Like 1

It didn't look good but if Pulis has been barking orders at him for 35 minutes and he has failed to do what he has been asked then what can you say?

Not about ti feel sorry for him on this basis that's for sure.

I feel more sorry for everyone who has had to witness 12 months of us being incapable of scoring more than 1 goal in a game at home and generally playing like absolute tripe. 

2 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Just a few games ago windass got on the end of one and won a penalty. He’s got on a few this season.

Fletcher regularly got on the end of bannan’s balls as well.

Rhodes simply ain’t good enough

So once a player has got on to a lofted Bannan through ball this season. Things like that should be happening several times a game if that’s how you decide to play.

Its awful football, we don’t even have players breaking from midfield if you want to try that too. It’s pittyful football. Give it Bannan and hope for a Hollywood ball that won’t reach its target the majority of the time. Then on the odd occasion it does it leaves players loads to do.

Browns through ball vs Cardiff fit Windass is how most teams play and it frustrates the hell out of me we are rarely in a position to do it and when we are the player makes a mess of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

So once a player has got on to a lofted Bannan through ball this season. Things like that should be happening several times a game if that’s how you decide to play.

Its awful football, we don’t even have players breaking from midfield if you want to try that too. It’s pittyful football. Give it Bannan and hope for a Hollywood ball that won’t reach its target the majority of the time. Then on the odd occasion it does it leaves players loads to do.

Browns through ball vs Cardiff fit Windass is how most teams play and it frustrates the hell out of me we are rarely in a position to do it and when we are the player makes a mess of it.

I agree it should happen more often and also agree the football is dreadful. But it never happens for Rhodes! He’s useless.

Perhaps Pulis wanted someone who has the ability to pick out a worldy from outside the box because let’s face it, it’s the only way we are going to score.  They were too solid to let anything drop in the 6 yard box...

• Like 1

Tony Pulis - "The decision was made for the team. You do it sometimes, if the game spins around in a different way, you have to do it. It’s not the first time it’s happened and won’t be the last. The important thing is the team and what is best for the team"

I thought the team would benefit from that change. It won’t be the first time I have done it and it won’t be the last.

Jordan will be disappointed but I will have a chat with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I’ve said Rhodes was garbage for over 3 years on here but even I felt genuinely sorry for him today. I thought he did ‘ok’ second half and was better in the role that Paterson in my opinion. 

Im a bit disappointed that Tony did that. He was wrong there. No need to do it. None at all. 

• Like 3