Wednesday - V - Stoke (H) omdt

20 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I never want this to end its brilliant

I suffer from insomnia, that's the best kip I've had in a long time. I nodded of after 5 minutes and apart from surfacing briefly at half time I slept right through.

Much better than counting sheep.

6 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Windass can at least run forwards with the ball and put on a spurt for a return ball. We must have been desperate to take on Paterson

Makes Dave look like a skilful pacey forward. Desperately crap signing. Shame we can’t send him back to Cardiff with that other waste of wages and fresh air. 

I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that what they are doing right now is trying to get us sorted at the back first.

Hopefully, we will start to make some sort of progression as an attacking side, because it is absolutely painful watching us atm. 

We have nothing going forward, bar an occasional hollywood ball from Bazza. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Depends if Rhodes is doing what Pulis has asked him to do, if not then Pulis is right  , the clubs record signing , highest paid player, only recognised striker and yet,there is  more chance of me scoring for  Wednesday sat here than Jordan. 

Why bring up his wages?

Whats that got to do with his performance or being subbed?

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’m not sure how Pulis will defend 0 shots on target at home. 

Harris’ shot cleared off the line.

Reach’s shot deflected for a corner, though Robinson missed the big deflection of course.

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The recruitment team did that - Not Garry Monk

Serious question: do we know how the current recruitment set-up works? I've heard DC say in the past "The manager gives us a list of targets and we get them in" - is that still the case?

I was on the SaveMonk bandwagon until close to the bitter end (I jumped about a week before Monk left) - saying "let him show what he can do in the transfer window"... but the absolute state of Paterson, Kachunga, Mariott and Dunkley's one leg. It's a damning indictment of whoever was behind those decisions. 

The dogger state of the squad isn't on Pulis (yet! - not long til Jan 1st, thankfully) - but I genuinely don't know whether that's on Monk, Paxo, DC, some other mysterious figure or a combination of all of them...

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, A12owl said:

That would be a 6 match ban.

No because it would have been two yellows. It would have been 1 and then maybe a second one.

15 hours ago, beswetherick said:

2 more tough games against Reading and Norwich then we’ve got Huddersfield, Dingles, Forest and Coventry in the space of 11 days

Would have thought after the Rotherham, Luton and Wycombe performances all games can be regarded as tough for us even more so given our toothless attack.  Draws aren't going to be enough either.

12 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Would have thought after the Rotherham, Luton and Wycombe performances all games can be regarded as tough for us even more so given our toothless attack.  Draws aren't going to be enough either.

Yes we need to start winning but we can't be losing to our relegation rivals.

If we had drawn those 3 games instead of losing them  things would be looking rosier than they are now.

We'd be out of the relegation zone, above Rotherham on goal difference and 3 points above Wycombe.