Wednesday - V - Stoke (H) omdt

Yeah, Pulis says the right things, but the difference is that he says them with conviction. If you're in the dressing room, you want someone to inspire you, build your confidence and give you a reputation to live up to. If Pulis speaks to the players as he does to the public, then I'm confident he'll get the best out of them....and if their best is not enough, you know that he won't be afraid to change things around as soon as he can. That's what the best managers do. Arguably it's easier to inspire an underperforming team, than to sustain the performance of a successful team and we have a Manager in place who can do the first part at least, if properly backed. The second part would be a nice problem to have. It would be fantastic to see us climb up the table, but steady progression is all I want to see right now. A narrow win today would be a step in the right direction. Come on you frustratingly inconsistent Owls!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Game plan today should be simple enough.

Everything needs to go down the right and target Megan Fox. One of THE worst defenders I've ever seen.

He's worth at least a goal start. A steaming, sloppy dog turd of a footballer.

That's 2 goal line clearances by Fox today then...

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Me and my Dad again on a misty day at the old Victoria ground 3-1 down at half time and Mr Richie (I think) added to our misery on the hour mark.

Dad was pestering me to leave with on 75 minutes with Owls fans streaming away.The dampness just added to the misery. A glimmer of hope as Pearson popped up to make it 4-2 . Almost immediately lane was on hand for his second and Wednesdays third. Pearson rammed in the leveler on the stroke of time. Almost miraculously Fantham hit the bar with the last kick of the game. There were only two or three dozen there to witness these events.

Such high spirits as we jumped on the train. "great draw that and we could have won" They were so upset to have missed all the fun. Couldn't wait to get my Green-Un and Fish, chips & mushy peas for tea. Dad went round to the Club for a pint and game of Snooker.

Yes, I remember sparkling tales of that great comeback, ending 4-4.

It inspired me to go the following season.  We lost 4-0 or 4-1 and I was stood behind the goal where John Ritchie (later our record signing) reeled away after getting his hattrick.  

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Everything needs to go down the right and target Megan Fox. One of THE worst defenders I've ever seen.

I take it you didn't go to many matches last season?   Who's your latest booboy now he's gone?

If given the chance, Fox will show how to cross an accurate ball without trying to beat and rebeat his man like Harris does.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

I take it you didn't go to many matches last season?   Who's your latest booboy now he's gone?

If given the chance, Fox will show how to cross an accurate ball without trying to beat and rebeat his man like Harris does.  

I take it you don't know what a decent footballer looks like.

He's garbage and how he ever made it as a pro is beyond me. 

You only think he was good because he was so poor for the two previous seasons, last season he looked like a pro for one or two games so you think he was decent because he was starting from such a low point.

If by boo boy you mean players that aren't fit to wear the shirt, I'd start with Pissypussy follwed by Van Acken and Borner. None of those are Championship standard and should be nowhere near the squad.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I predict you’ll think differently today when we have to get past him. Good strong whole-hearted player. Much improved from his early days with us when he was dreadful.

It'll be a dour affair today but Tony will get us organised and up for it and The Wednesday will triumph 1-0 (please!!). I'm hoping for pace on the flanks with Harris and Reach and plenty of support for Rhodes through the middle as we start to suss out an actual game plan. I don't doubt we'll be solid at the back just need that confidence on the break! 

• Like 2

It’s odd.

5 points from 8 matches.

3 goals from 8 matches.

Yet we are all very bullish. Pulis seems to have hit so many nails on the head in no time. He is even more impressive than I imagined. Excellent choice and we are very lucky to have him to rebuild us.

I expect only one change today. Harris for somebody - my guess Van Aken.

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees Borner Moses

Harris Luongo Bannan Patterson Reach

Rhodes

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It’s odd.

5 points from 8 matches.

3 goals from 8 matches.

Yet we are all very bullish. Pulis seems to have hit so many nails on the head in no time. He is even more impressive than I imagined. Excellent choice and we are very lucky to have him to rebuild us.

I expect only one change today. Harris for somebody - my guess Van Aken.

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees Borner Moses

Harris Luongo Bannan Patterson Reach

Rhodes

yeah think I would go for that team. Have a bad feeling he might play Kachunga though. Think we badly miss Browns creativity in the team but not sure who he would replace? 

• Like 1