Pulis wants Bannan to score and create more goals

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 09.46.55.jpg

He’s a big influence in the dressing room. What we want from him is to score and create more goals.

If we can get him at the top end of the pitch a little bit more...we know he has got a wand of a left foot.

The team need goals and we need him at this present more to get in the final third a little bit more.

With the ability Barry has got, we want more goals and assists from him.

He has got a wand of a left foot, so much ability, so we want him in that final third. We need goals, I want people in this team to believe they can get goals. He’s a really good lad

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 09.46.55.jpg

He’s a big influence in the dressing room. What we want from him is to score and create more goals.

If we can get him at the top end of the pitch a little bit more...we know he has got a wand of a left foot.

The team need goals and we need him at this present more to get in the final third a little bit more.

Fine head of hair!

At bloody last !!!!

We saw the other night he basically played as the most advanced midfielder most of the time off Rhodes.

He's right, when he played wide left in 2015 he had his best year, maybe not in terms of stats but in terms of how he influenced the play in a attacking way. We dont have that quality of player for him to play with now, so we need him to produce that pass, that cross that goal a lot more now in those areas none of the picking the ball up off the back 4. 

Great comment lets hope he can produce.

• Like 5

He did seem to break forward more from midfield against Swansea than he has done for a long time.

Great to see actually. Yes, there's the point about scoring more goals, but get him into more 3 on 3 situations and we know he's got that extra quality to find the right pass.

• Like 2

ggSaid all along - Bannan is playing too deep. Unfortunately, Barry seems to want to cover every defensive position himself. I have felt that  does not have confidence in himself when it comes to attacking the opponents' goal.

By far the weakest  point in his game is his shooting. This could be easily seen in the warm-up, when everyone would have a shot at goal. Most players could at least hit the keeper, BB'a usually went high and over. We spotted this in the stand. I'm sure Pulis has spotted it.

My honest opinion on BB is that he tries too hard everywhere. Maybe , if he let them, some of the players in defensive roles may come out of their shell/

• Like 3

It’s been obvious for so long that we need another player of quality to take the pressure off Baz , I thought that Brown could be that player but Injuries have always followed him around, maybe we have stumbled on that type of player in Shaw , it’s a big ask but he looks a very confident player 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan

I must be in the minority here but I thought he was far too deep against Swansea.

The little tricks and turns we’re all well and good but should have been 30 yard higher up the pitch.

He’s absolutely spot on Pulis.

For a player of Bannan’s quality he should not be sat playing 5 yard passes infront of the defence. He needs to be higher up the pitch. 

I noticed on Wednesday when Swansea was on top, he moved Bannan to RM and Paterson into the middle.