Kadeem Harris back in contention

Hope he doesn’t start

Watching him take on a defender is sooooooo predictable

By the time he’s finished messing around with the ball the opposition have got back in numbers and the cross doesn’t even make it over anyway

Looked decent when he first came here but I’ll be glad when he’s gone along with many others from this squad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harris looks like someone who just gets on with what he’s asked to do - Pulis will like that. He may lack quality like a lot of our squad but as with playing wing back which he did under Monk he does the defensive work and can’t fault him for that considering he’s more of a forward player.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He deserves a fresh start under the new manager, just like the rest of the squad.

If he's able to follow Pulis' direction and play in the way he wants, then great for him and for Wednesday.

If not, then I'm sure Pulis will look elsewhere as soon as the opportunity arises..

This ^

I think Harris, like a lot of the players, needed a recharge and a fresh challenge. Pulis will give them a chance. He'll look at Harris, and like the likes of Paterson, Bannan and Reach, he'll recognise their strengths and get them playing in the areas where they're most effective.

Until Pulis can start bringing in his own players, he'll have to make do with what we've got. However, refreshingly unlike the previous manager, Pulis looks prepared to adapt and play to the strengths of the players we currently have. 

I think, like the likes of Borner; Luongo, Bannan, Paterson and Reach, Harris will show Pulis what he's really capable of and he'll thrive under a more proven and canny manager, like he and Paterson did at Cardiff under Warnock. And if not, Pulis will bring in what we lack and what he needs, in time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

This ^

I think Harris, like a lot of the players, needed a recharge and a fresh challenge. Pulis will give them a chance. He'll look at Harris, and like the likes of Paterson, Bannan and Reach, he'll recognise their strengths and get them playing in the areas where they're most effective.

Until Pulis can start bringing in his own players, he'll have to make do with what we've got. However, refreshingly unlike the previous manager, Pulis looks prepared to adapt and play to the strengths of the players we currently have. 

I think, like the likes of Borner; Luongo, Bannan, Paterson and Reach, Harris will show Pulis what he's really capable of and he'll thrive under a more proven and canny manager, like he and Paterson did at Cardiff under Warnock. And if not, Pulis will bring in what we lack and what he needs, in time. 

As you say, different managers often get different things from certain players.

Monk used Harris as a wing-back in recent times, and he did an admirable job on the defensive side of things. However, it already sounds like Pulis wants him playing further forward. We've not seen much attacking end-product from him for some time, but he certainly has attributes which could prove useful if used correctly.

• Like 1

The way Pulis has spoken about Harris' absence a few times now suggests he might very well be looking to start him.

Pulis seems very much to be focusing on how we get the ball up the pitch at the moment, and though I wouldn't call Harris lightening quick he does have enough pace to be as good a vehicle as any other in the squad.

Whose place he'd take isn't entirely obvious though as both Reach and Odubajo played well against Swansea.

It would be interesting to see whether he'd put him on the left or the right too. I would have had Pulis down as round-peg-in-round-holes type, but we've already seen a few players pop up on opposing sides of the pitch. Maybe it's a case of needs must, but maybe Pulis just isn't so concerned about the problem of players being on their weaker foot when in crossing situations.

Since we've also seen Pulis switch between 3 (or 5) and 4 at the back, we could also see Harris in a wing-back role just as we did under Monk.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As you say, different managers often get different things from certain players.

Monk used Harris as a wing-back in recent times, and he did an admirable job on the defensive side of things. However, it already sounds like Pulis wants him playing further forward. We've not seen much attacking end-product from him for some time, but he certainly has attributes which could prove useful if used correctly.

Yeah, hopefully Pulis has seen his strengths and weaknesses in training and in previous games. And like Bannan, Reach and Paterson, in particular he'll recognise where they're most effective and hopefully he'll get the best out of Harris. Has Harris, as played wherever he's been told and hopefully he'll thrive under a manager with more know how.