Luongo

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Luongo is a strange one as he had a pretty good fitness record at QPR. He got sent off for us against Blackburn last season, picked up what was said to be a minor injury then spent months on the sidelines.

The decision to play him in the Huddersfield game this season seemed to be a really strange one. Pulis had already pointed out that he was playing when not fully fit but in that game it was clear pretty much from kick-off that he was way off the pace and by the time he was subbed at half-time he could barely break into a jog. 

I think we got sold a crock. Very generous for QPR to sell us him for just under £1m considering he was one of the first names on the teamsheet for them. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think we got sold a crock. Very generous for QPR to sell us him for just under £1m considering he was one of the first names on the teamsheet for them. 

It is certainly looking that way unfortunately.

On 26/11/2020 at 18:15, FlyingOwl said:

Pulis has said he’s got the heart of a lion as he’s still injured and shouldn’t really be playing at all right now.

Love to see the determination and commitment but I’m really worried that, even with removing him after an hour, we’re risking too much and should be waiting until he’s actually clear of injury. 

He’s one of the last players we can afford to lose long term. 

Heart of a Lion and the robustness of a Lion bar dipped in a hot tea.