Swansea boss Steve Cooper says of their goal being disallowed : "it's personal"

I've no idea why the goal was disallowed but the ref seemed to blow before the last touch of the ball which sent it into the net (looked like an own goal to me). Their player was trying an overhead kick and his foot was nearly as high as Windass's on Saturday and almost caught (Patterson?) In the face. I love an overhead kick but in a box that crowded it was dangerous play and a high foot anywhere else on the pitch is a sending off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Alb1owl said:

All these comments about his looks remind of an interview with Luke Chadwick. It wrecked his confidence and had a huge impact on his mental health. 

Let’s bet better than that. 

Fair point but if you make comments like that as a manager, then you deserve a bit of ridicule. And his Dad was a top ref, so he really should know better. 

I had seen the ref blow before the ball went in so saved myself a heart attack. 
Chance of there not being a foul with that number of players in the box was very small. It was either going to be a pen or a free kick to us. Luckily it went our way. 
As for it being ‘personal’ what a load of bobbins. Normally I would speculate the only thing that would make it personal was if he had been banging the refs wife but looking at the photo there no chance of that!

They use that photo to turn the milk in the soured creme factory!

12 minutes ago, EBRA said:

From what I could see Ayew was doing a lot of pushing and barging his was towards goal, was that the issue? 

I don't think it could have been for a foul on Wildsmith. He kept well out of the way, thought he should have been more aggressive and took control of his 6 yard box.

I think the most obvious fouls was the attempted overhead kick by Kasey Palmer that nearly took Peterson's head off. That was dangerous play.

• Thanks 1

Strange comment from Cleetus there. Personal?!

I'm not saying he looks like a hillbilly but if you saw him in the deep south selling moonshine off a tractor you wouldn't be suprised would you?

P.s I have a face like a cats anus. Hope that balances the minor jibe out. 

• Haha 4
20 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I had seen the ref blow before the ball went in so saved myself a heart attack. 
Chance of there not being a foul with that number of players in the box was very small. It was either going to be a pen or a free kick to us. Luckily it went our way. 
As for it being ‘personal’ what a load of bobbins. Normally I would speculate the only thing that would make it personal was if he had been banging the refs wife but looking at the photo there no chance of that!

They use that photo to turn the milk in the soured creme factory!

I volleyed my tablet across the room....only found out 5 mins later it was disallowed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
54 minutes ago, Nut said:

I've no idea why the goal was disallowed but the ref seemed to blow before the last touch of the ball which sent it into the net (looked like an own goal to me). Their player was trying an overhead kick and his foot was nearly as high as Windass's on Saturday and almost caught (Patterson?) In the face. I love an overhead kick but in a box that crowded it was dangerous play and a high foot anywhere else on the pitch is a sending off. 

Scored though!

Owlstalk Shop

He wants to count himself lucky they finished with 11 players on the pitch.  The Dhada foul on Palmer in the first half should have been a booking.    What comes around goes around.   At least we didnt have another sending off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1