"he shouldn't really be on the pitch"

9 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Why am I not surprised? Monk said it was a knock with swelling, then he said hyperextension of the knee, and now we find out Luongo actually had a cartilage op. Monk was never truthful about injuries. 

Then we have Pulis, who contrarily has apparently been open and honest by admitting a player shouldn’t have been selected.  

Is either extreme favoured or accepted?

Is being so open a risky option even though it’s  probably what most fans would say they appreciate?..

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

I do have to say though on last night showing Kachunga should never be selected again, what a complete waste of money, never did anything. He was absolutely useless when we brought Rhodes off, we may as well played with 10 men for his contribution and he will never be a striker. He struggles to be anything on performances like than.

Another truly awful bit of recruitment once again. Give youth players a chance if that what we get from seasoned pro's.

I know you like to have a go at certain players sometimes, but I can't see at all what this has to do with Luongo playing with an injury ?

• Haha 1

Bit confused tbh.

Pulis himself has complained about our injury levels, then plays a player who isn’t match ready and is still ‘injured’. 

I get that Luongo has probably said that he feels fine to play and we’re only really letting him play for an hour. But it seems like we’re risking aggravating an injury that hasn’t yet fully healed. He’s a crucial player for us and whilst we do need him now, I’d rather not have him for a few more games if he stands a better chance of seeing out the Xmas period and second half of the season. 

We did this with Kieran Lee and, for the sake of few games, we ruined the back end of his career and he’s pretty much unofficially retired early, or no club will take him in in his condition.

On 26/11/2020 at 09:07, NorthernOwl said:

Carlos gets grief to this day for playing players when they weren't fully fit.

Wonder if this decision will attract the same level of outrage.

Difference is we had cover back then, yes not to the same standard as the injured player but we had players who could play if needed.

Now we have Pelupessy as cover which is like starting a man down.

29 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Difference is we had cover back then, yes not to the same standard as the injured player but we had players who could play if needed.

Now we have Pelupessy as cover which is like starting a man down.

I know it's the in thing to slag Pelupessy at the moment, but to be fair although he isn't the same standard as Luongo, he has been playing quite well recently.

17 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I know it's the in thing to slag Pelupessy at the moment, but to be fair although he isn't the same standard as Luongo, he has been playing quite well recently.

He's been better, got more involved than usual but our standards have slipped I think that has something to do with it. He isnt exactly a bad player, he runs a lot he keeps the ball his touch is decent he just never gets involved in the game, However he has been better lately.