Liam Shaw

Prefer him at CDM and prefer him there to Pelupesssy. 

Was a shame when he got his injury when he did. LOVED the tackle he put in on Korey Smith.

Think he’s definitely got a future here and will get minutes under Pulis due to his size. 

I worry about Alex Hunt due to his size and stature. I hope Bannan can work with him on how to be tiny but mighty. 

14 hours ago, malek said:

He is a box to box midfielder who was used both as CB and as a striker for both U-18 and U-23 sides. Talented player with high footballing IQ.

Still don't think Pulis used him in his best role, but thought he did quite well.

Our youngsters proved that they can step up and perform and I'm quite concerned with manager's reputation of rarely playing them.

You say he can play as striker?

Hmmmmmm.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Do you mean that challenge where he got to the ball first and left the other lad in a heap on the floor.

Nothing wrong with that challenge, they clashed knees as far as I could see after the ball was won. His foot wasn't high and he got across the front of the lad.

Seemed fair to me at the time. Even the slow motion replay didn't show much in it.

Maybe. I haven’t seen the replay. Some refs would have sent him off though!

16 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Prefer him at CDM and prefer him there to Pelupesssy. 

Was a shame when he got his injury when he did. LOVED the tackle he put in on Korey Smith.

Think he’s definitely got a future here and will get minutes under Pulis due to his size. 

I worry about Alex Hunt due to his size and stature. I hope Bannan can work with him on how to be tiny but mighty. 

Said in another thread, it really is shocking that Hunt was not sent out on loan. Even when Monk was here who i know liked him, he plays in the same mould as Bannan who is captain, hardly ever injured and our best player. He plays every game. Hunt was never going to get enough game time. Shaw is a box to box midfielder so can make a difference playing in the side with Bannan. Waldock is a DM player who can play along side Bannan. We saw what happened against Brentford when Monk played Hunt and Bannan. Really hope Pulis gets him out on loan in January.

Shaw IMO is a better footballer than Paterson and can play in the role he played the other night (not a dig at Paterson he had a good game the other day). I want to see more of him in CM and if were unable to get a striker in until January id even like him to be used in that role hes played there before as others have mentioned.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
On 26/11/2020 at 09:17, malek said:

He is a box to box midfielder who was used both as CB and as a striker for both U-18 and U-23 sides. Talented player with high footballing IQ.

Still don't think Pulis used him in his best role, but thought he did quite well.

Our youngsters proved that they can step up and perform and I'm quite concerned with manager's reputation of rarely playing them.

They’ll play if they’re good enough to force their way in. We have quite a few who look ok but not championship level, players like Penney, Urgohide and Hunt. Shaw looks the most promising one to me because he has the necessary physicality 

Why ll the desire to send players out on loan?   Most of the young players 'ool'  are simply used as cover and spend their time gracing someone else's bench. Under  the new rules we have an excellent chance of giving them 'bench time' with us, and the chance of using at least 5 subs, thus giving them chance of match time with us.

On 26/11/2020 at 06:43, vulva said:

He’s got the build of a Pulis player. I think this lad might have a big part to play this season. 

Listened to a podcast that Holloway did last year and Pulis was the guest. Pulis talked about when he went to see Shawcross play for Man Utd reserves for the first time.  Said he was tall and skinny but saw the potential and Ferguson let him take him on loan.  Turned into one of his key players for Stoke.

16 minutes ago, steelerian said:

I dont understand the huge desire to label him as a CDM? why not just a CM? do you remember those? the box to box guys who could do everything.

I agree with this. Looks to me to have more to in his locker than just shielding the back line.

On 26/11/2020 at 10:25, A12owl said:

He looks a combination of Gerald Sibon and Peter Crouch. 

All legs. 

Goodness knows how tall he will be when he grows up. 

Reminds me a little of Morgan Schniederlin, who Saints signed as a 19 year old in league 1 and went onto be a great player.  But similarly tall and slim central midfielder who can pass and tackle 

• Like 1