Liam Shaw

44 minutes ago, malek said:

He is a box to box midfielder who was used both as CB and as a striker for both U-18 and U-23 sides. Talented player with high footballing IQ.

Still don't think Pulis used him in his best role, but thought he did quite well.

Our youngsters proved that they can step up and perform and I'm quite concerned with manager's reputation of rarely playing them.

I think he brought some through at Boro. Part of the remit there 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I was very impressed with him too but he could easily have gotten a red card and some of the keyboard warriors on here would be saying very different things!

I think Shaw, Hunt And FDB are decent prospects going forward. They will find themselves involved due to the 9 subs named on Matchdays. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see anyone of them being first team regulars by this time next year.

For me the best way to judge players is by how they influence the game. 
We were looking very shaky and I thought Swansea were going to put their foot on the gas after the first goal and take us apart. 
Shaw came on and ‘rabbit in the headlights’ Van Aken went off. He did well and we played better. 
That’s the best compliment a player in that position can get. Sure, he didn’t score a winner or anything eye catching but his time on the pitch saw us improve and stopped us shipping more goals.

Well done lad 👍

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He's actually a attacking midfielder. Monk in all his wisdom probably looked at his size and though i know ill play him CB lol 

I see, well I look forward to seeing more of him that's for sure! 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I was very impressed with him too but he could easily have gotten a red card and some of the keyboard warriors on here would be saying very different things!

Do you mean that challenge where he got to the ball first and left the other lad in a heap on the floor.

Nothing wrong with that challenge, they clashed knees as far as I could see after the ball was won. His foot wasn't high and he got across the front of the lad.

Seemed fair to me at the time. Even the slow motion replay didn't show much in it.

• Like 4

Solid performance, when he came on I felt we regained control and started pushing forward again. He got up in their players' faces, intercepted passes and helped push them back. After their goal I was worried about the mounting pressure they were building, but that got neutralised after Shaw came on. I guess Pelupessy also brought some defensive qualities in there, and hope that sub was more to spare Luongo a tough finish to the match having only just returned.

• Like 1