Liam Shaw

When we were predicting Pulis’s team a couple of weeks ago I said I’d play Shaw in midfield instead of Pelupessy and the only reply I got was someone saying “how can you play Shaw?”.  
Anyway, I rate the player highly myself and expect to see him used more as he returns to full fitness 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

When we were predicting Pulis’s team a couple of weeks ago I said I’d play Shaw in midfield instead of Pelupessy and the only reply I got was someone saying “how can you play Shaw?”.  
Anyway, I rate the player highly myself and expect to see him used more as he returns to full fitness 

He certainly had more impact on the game than Joey did, get the feeling that Pulis will have him in the match day squad as he can cover several positions. When he is fit he may be a starter for away games as DM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

May be wrong but thought he was a CB? Looked comfortable as a DM.

Yeah he looks a unit, but he's mobile and pretty calm under pressure as well. Maybe he's a decent backup for Luongo. He certainly isn't shy of a tackle.

I originally thought that JVA would be able to fulfill that role as he's no CB but after seeing some of the miscalculated tackles and his inability to get tight on a player I don't think so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paul.. said:

May be wrong but thought he was a CB? Looked comfortable as a DM.

He is a box to box midfielder who was used both as CB and as a striker for both U-18 and U-23 sides. Talented player with high footballing IQ.

Still don't think Pulis used him in his best role, but thought he did quite well.

Our youngsters proved that they can step up and perform and I'm quite concerned with manager's reputation of rarely playing them.

• Love 2