Some Boring Statistics

So, with 33 games to play I believe we will need 43 points to stay safe as that means we finish on 51.

In essence this is 1.3 points per game so it's W11 D11 L11 or a win percentage of 33%.

Our current win percentage is 23%

TPs average win percentage since his first Managerial position - 33%

It's going to the wire lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Another way of looking at it, is that we started the season six points from safety(after adjusting the penalty) and we are now five points from safety after 13 games, which is nearly a third of the season.

So we've gained ONE miserable point on Forest Rotherham and Coventry. 

At the current rate we won't stop up.   

The positive is that Pullis and his assistants can't be worse than Monk.  

Had Monk gone in the summer, we would be financially better off, and the new boss may have realised we needed a goalie and two goalscorers. 

Other interesting stats Sky mentioned last night......

Wednesday lost 28 points from winning positions last season.

Wednesday had lost their previous 7 games played on a Wednesday.

Wednesday haven't won at Swansea since 1983-4.  

Amazing we still have a decent fanbase. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bulldog said:

So, with 33 games to play I believe we will need 43 points to stay safe as that means we finish on 51.

In essence this is 1.3 points per game so it's W11 D11 L11 or a win percentage of 33%.

I have a feeling its going to close going down to the last couple of games to be safe.
Think Tony Pulis type football wont be pretty to watch but just be about enough to get us over the line to be in the Championship next season.

10 hours ago, Bulldog said:

More worryingly there is now a 5 point gap opened up between us and 4th bottom. We cannot allow that to get any bigger. Saturday is a must win.

1 hour ago, SalisburyOwl said:

You are aware that there was a 12 point gap between us and 4th bottom at the start of the season

Indeed it got cut to 6 and in 12 games we have managed to make up 1 point.

We need to get out of the bottom 3 as quickly as possible because we don't have the fighters in the team for a relegation scrap.

• Like 1

When you start behind everyone else then the chances are you’re going to find yourself still behind everyone else for a while unless you’re an exceptional side which we obviously aren’t. 

DC’s decision to stick with Monk after last season’s second half car crash and allow him more leeway with staff and players is ultimately going to cost us IMO.

That said I have confidence in Pulis. I think we’ve seen evidence already that he knows what he’s doing unlike his predecessor.

• Love 1