Paterson

Guest domSWFC

I think he's fairly decent with the ball, composed and not bad control. He chases and harries, works his nuts off, and can fill in pretty much anywhere by the looks of it. Can see him being a key player. Definitely a Pulis type player. 

He edged MOM for me. Did a lot of unglamorous work, helped keep our shape and I think inadvertently others bought into his work rate. Proper competitor. 

Someone decent to hold the ball up and he'd be a danger breaking from midfield. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Do you think he is carrying a few extra pounds.? 

Not sure, he looks like a well built lad and some players can carry it. 

From what I have seen it doesn't appear to affect his ability to cover a lot of ground.

Very early days as it was difficult to judge any player under Monk, but he might just be the box to box player we have been looking for.

• Love 1

Don't see it myself, I really don't want to be so negative but tonight was a frustrating watch. When we scored we could have kicked on and gone for a second. We were always gonna concede so needed a 2nd. 

Paterson just doesn't do it for me, what is he? 

Is he a target man? No 

Is he quick no? 

Clever player with an eye for a pass ? No 

Get in behind? No 

What does he do? 

1 goal in 10 games tells you he isnt a striker. He is very much like windass, not a striker, not a winger, not a CM 

They just don't quite fit 

Not a bad player off the bench but not good enough to start with that horrific goal ratio. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

when you think of the trauma that he went thru  at preston to even turn out tonight says much about his  character 

Most people would laugh that off.. would imagine the lads have been making a joke of it at training. Doubt it’s bothered him at all

6 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

Don't see it myself, I really don't want to be so negative but tonight was a frustrating watch. When we scored we could have kicked on and gone for a second. We were always gonna concede so needed a 2nd. 

Paterson just doesn't do it for me, what is he? 

Is he a target man? No 

Is he quick no? 

Clever player with an eye for a pass ? No 

Get in behind? No 

What does he do? 

1 goal in 10 games tells you he isnt a striker. He is very much like windass, not a striker, not a winger, not a CM 

They just don't quite fit 

Not a bad player off the bench but not good enough to start with that horrific goal ratio. 

You can add Kachunga to that.

What is he? Certainly not a striker. 

For the last two seasons he was a near ever-present for Huddersfield, but on the wing. Is he better than Harris, Reach or Moses? 

• Like 1