Player Ratings

Westwood - N/A  - Cant really give an accurate assessment based on 13 minutes of not having anything to do.

Palmer - 7 - Link up play looked good. Didn't really put a foot wrong for the 90 minutes.

Lees - 7 - Solid. MOTM. Looks to have grown in confidence since having the captaincy taken from him.

Borner - 6 - Still fills me with fear every time he gets the ball, so many dodgy passes get overlooked because someone else makes up for it.

Van Aken - 6 - Poor for the goal but apart from that a fairly solid performance.

Odubajo - 7 - impressed me in many aspects but he really does need to stop switching off defensively, we've seen it cost us on multiple occasions.

Luongo - 6 - didn't put a foot wrong first half but second he looked like he had only just woke up for some reason.

Patterson - 4 - what does offer? Doesn't tackle anyone. Doesnt jump to head the ball. Doesn't progress it forward or help out defensively.... people like him because he looks a character and is strong to barge people off the ball, but he just isn't a footballer.

Reach - 7 - much more like it from reach, actually looked interested in doing something for once rather than giving up like he usually does.

Bannan - 7 - looked the most interested in getting the ball forward, never gave up and put in a great ball for the goal.

Rhodes - 5 - harsh because he didnt really do anything wrong but im convinced he only touched ball about 4 times.

Subs

Wildsmith - 6 - didn't do a lot wrong, feel like I've put him down slightly because of that 2nd goal at end which he should have done better for even if it didn't count.

Pelupessy - 6 - steady, good feet. Nothing flash but didn't fill me with dread like usual.

Shaw - 6 - looked lively, think he will grow into a very good defensive midfielder.

Kachunga - 5 - again touched ball like twice think he has the ability to offer more if he had a striker partner.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Al98 said:

Westwood - N/A  - Cant really give an accurate assessment based on 13 minutes of not having anything to do.

Palmer - 7 - Link up play looked good. Didn't really put a foot wrong for the 90 minutes.

Lees - 7 - Solid. MOTM. Looks to have grown in confidence since having the captaincy taken from him.

Borner - 6 - Still fills me with fear every time he gets the ball, so many dodgy passes get overlooked because someone else makes up for it.

Van Aken - 6 - Poor for the goal but apart from that a fairly solid performance.

Odubajo - 7 - impressed me in many aspects but he really does need to stop switching off defensively, we've seen it cost us on multiple occasions.

Luongo - 6 - didn't put a foot wrong first half but second he looked like he had only just woke up for some reason.

Patterson - 4 - what does offer? Doesn't tackle anyone. Doesnt jump to head the ball. Doesn't progress it forward or help out defensively.... people like him because he looks a character and is strong to barge people off the ball, but he just isn't a footballer.

Reach - 7 - much more like it from reach, actually looked interested in doing something for once rather than giving up like he usually does.

Bannan - 7 - looked the most interested in getting the ball forward, never gave up and put in a great ball for the goal.

Rhodes - 5 - harsh because he didnt really do anything wrong but im convinced he only touched ball about 4 times.

Subs

Wildsmith - 6 - didn't do a lot wrong, feel like I've put him down slightly because of that 2nd goal at end which he should have done better for even if it didn't count.

Pelupessy - 6 - steady, good feet. Nothing flash but didn't fill me with dread like usual.

Shaw - 6 - looked lively, think he will grow into a very good defensive midfielder.

Kachunga - 5 - again touched ball like twice think he has the ability to offer more if he had a striker partner.

Your on a wind up surely with some of them ratings. 

thankless task for Rhodes up there on his own 

Paterson won his fair share of headers and didn’t do anything wrong yet you give him a 4! 

We’ve gone to a team who will be in the play offs after 46 games and got a point, under monk we lose that game. 

god I hate some of our fans. Thick! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Al98 said:

Subs

Paterson 4, really what game were you listening to because i cant believe yo watched it. Wouldnt disagree with the other marks but 4

Westwood- 6 - nowt to do until went off.
Wildsmith - 5- could he have done better with the goal? Maybe I'm being a little harsh but it was quite central.

Lees 7 - played well and stood up well to Swansea who weren't really at the races.
They improved after the break but our time wasting and stop start game distrupted them.
Borner - 7 - as above really

Van aken - 5 - flashbacks to the steel city derby with that defending. Switched off once and was punished. Not a bad back up but way down the pecking order

Palmer - 6 - defended Well but didn't really get forward as much as I would have liked

Moses - 6- dont see all the plaudits myself tonight, worked hard but he always works hard.
Almost cost us a goal and runs about abit like a headless chicken at times. Very poor delivery (as always)

Bannan - 6 - would have been a 5 but gets a 6 for his assist.
Very poor set piece delivery again other than the goal. Just not at the races at the moment. Better than last week but miles off his best.

Luongo- 6 - steady away not his best game but worked hard and broke up play well.

Reach 7.5 (MOM) - worked hard and well taken goal. Had a very good chance to make it two when well placed but spooned it. Needs to hit target there.

Paterson- 5 - ran alot, worked hard but offered no outlet didn't win a header and seemed out of place. Why the tallest player in the team is taking long throws to dwarfs is beyond me.

Rhodes- 3 - invisible throughout. Did nothing.
He really is just a waste of a shirt as awful as that is. Sooner he leaves the better. Probably the biggest financial mistake in the clubs history

Subs -
Shaw - 7 - thought he did well when he came on and broke up there play really well.

Kachunga- 4 - see rhodes really. Replaced an invisible man with another invisible man tonight. Glad he only signed a 1 year deal as he was another very poor signing.

Pellupessy- 5 - does what pessy does. Did his job.

Pulis - 6 - can't complain with a point really but I don't think we played particularly well. We played very negative anti football tactics to try and disrupt their flow and kill their tempo and to be fair it worked. It was just awful to watch. But I suppose this is us now. A poor squad trying to scrape points here and there.
I think Swansea were poor tonight and I often say I think our dour football rubs off on other teams. I csnt remember a good game we were involved In.
This system doesn't work for me and we will not stay in this league if we can't learn to go forward create and score goals.
Its a huge concern and one that hasnt been addressed yet.
Subs were like for like or defensive and when we should have gone for a second we didn't we just sat and was eventually punished.
TP needs some players through the door that can create and score goals because we literally cannot afford to wait 9 more games.

Guest LondonOwl313

To be fair all of this season we haven’t got steamrollered in any games. We’re now 13 games in and for the first 6 games and the last 4 you’d say points wise we’ve done about par for the course. Was unacceptable getting 0 from 9 from the 3 ‘easy’ games inbetween.. that coupled with losing 6 points is why we’re on 7 points instead of about 19 and being in the top half or at least solidly mid table.

Pulis needs to find a way of getting us some goals so we can achieve that mid table form.. otherwise I’m worried we’ll go down if we fail to create much and don’t pick up wins against the weaker sides. We’re doing ok against the better teams and not folding

Jeez, some of these ratings - a 4 for Paterson up top, and one write-up for Bannan: "Bannan - 6 - would have been a 5 but gets a 6 for his assist. Very poor set piece delivery again other than the goal."

We had 3 corners all match, one was taken by Palmer. We scored from one of two Bannan took. Other than that we didn't win a free-kick within 45 yards of Swansea's goal.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Al98 said:

Subs

In the interest of balance, whoscored has Paterson as our MoM... isn’t football wonderful. 

69BC3CDF-B2F9-4713-95F5-E424C55C43C8.jpeg

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Jeez, some of these ratings - a 4 for Paterson up top, and one write-up for Bannan: "Bannan - 6 - would have been a 5 but gets a 6 for his assist. Very poor set piece delivery again other than the goal."

We had 3 corners all match, one was taken by Palmer. We scored from one of two Bannan took. Other than that we didn't win a free-kick within 45 yards of Swansea's goal.

Fantastic how some folk see one thing and others see another. One poster has Paterson as a 5 as he never won a header all night? Yet a quick search of stats show he won 11 aerial battles, 8 more than any other player in our team. 

Almost as if they didn’t watch us just battle or hearts out to be one of a handful of teams to take points from the Liberty? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good team performance, only 4 I'd give is for Westwood, nobody mentioning that he got injured because he horribly misjudged a fairly simple cross and fell awkwardly as a result and got injured, must hold the club record for most times a goalkeeper subbed off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Fantastic how some folk see one thing and others see another. One poster has Paterson as a 5 as he never won a header all night? Yet a quick search of stats show he won 11 aerial battles, 8 more than any other player in our team. 

Almost as if they didn’t watch us just battle or hearts out to be one of a handful of teams to take points from the Liberty? 

Thanks, I was thinking I remembered him heading it a lot and winning most of them. I was also thinking while watching it that I remembered reading on here a few times that he can't head. I haven't been able to watch the full matches live since he joined, but finally managed to watch this one and thought he did well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Al98 said:

Subs

Patterson a 4 ? What game were you watching ?

Thought he had a really good game. Worked hard. Passed the ball well. Filled in for others and won headers when he went up top. What do you want from him ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was very pleasantly surprised first half not the "pulis" football i had imagined, our control of the ball towards the end of the first half was excellent.

Reach took the goal well and ws threatening for most of the game.

The difference was a confident striker, Ayew wasn't scared to to attack the centre...We miss someone with that confidence.

I stormed off into the kitchen when that overhead kick went in, the wife shouted me back lol

Second half we were second best, but still tried to play it...until the last 10....when most anywhere would suit....All in all a very creditable performance against a fancied side....We can do this...Get the injuries cleared up and hope someone finds their scoring boots

• Love 1

Well i didn't expect me giving Patterson a 4 to get such a reaction 😅 to shed a little light on why I thought he was the worst player on the pitch.

Doesn't jump for the ball, not saying he can't head it, he's a lump of course he can head it. But its that same annoying back into the player and not jump technique Nuhiu did for the first 3 seasons before someone taught him how to jump, he would he so much more effective if he just challenged in the air for it.

He doesn't progress it forward, was constant sideward passing when he did get the ball. 

And in the second half he not once stuck out a leg to tackle anyone, ran his socks off all over the pitch dont get me wrong but didn't bother even trying to stick a leg out. The lead up to the goal especially. 

Don't question his desire, his effort, the usefulness of his muscle and bustle. But when your not helping going forward or defensively, whats the point in being on the pitch?