Man of the match - Swansea (A)

Guest domSWFC

Odubajo. Countless blocks, used his pace to intercept and was our most effective player when turning defence into attack quickly on the counter.

What we saw was organisation coupled with work rate. Lots of players grafting in unglamorous roles and duties and yet in many ways the first half was strangely a beautiful thing.......

The end result was that the sum of our team was worth considerably more than its individual parts.

I also enjoyed seeing Pulis react to poor decisions when they did occur. He doesn't suffer fools, you can't kid him, he will find you out.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

Paterson caught my eye quite a lot and made more impact than I thought he would which was good. 
MoM Reach. Played well but most importantly actually kicked the ball into their net for a goal!

God I enjoyed that! 
Have to mention poor old JvA. 
I thought he had started to turn the corner as a player, but watching him against a prem quality international footballer who has changed hands twice for &20million plus made me feel sad for him. Of course he couldn’t defend against Ayew, any more that I could! Poor bloke. Out of his depth like a five year old whose fallen in the diving end at the swimming baths! 
It was a mercy for him that Pulis took him off!

All in all I thought we would lose and we got a well deserved draw. 
Good work lads, good work!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

What we saw was organisation coupled with work rate. Lots of players grafting in unglamorous roles and duties and yet in many ways the first half was strangely a beautiful thing.......

The end result was that the sum of our team was worth considerably more than its individual parts.

I also enjoyed seeing Pulis react to poor decisions when they did occur. He doesn't suffer fools, you can't kid him, he will find you out.

I liked the bit right at the end where he spat his gum out. I half expected him to grovel for it when he realised the goal was chalked off lol 

• Haha 2

Just now, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Odubajo, for me shaded it just from Reach, Borner, Lees and an improving Patterson. 
Good solid team performance, lack of goals from open play still a worry

I'd be surprised if a strong , rapid striker isn't top of his shopping list.

Mind you, as we know, every other club in the land also want one!

• Like 1