Tonight’s positives

Good god. 

I thought we were poor again. 

Defended quite well but we literally offer nothing going forward.

Paterson doesn't have a role in the team. He isnt a target man, he isnt quick, he isnt a clever footballer, what is he? 

Its just all so disjointed and slow. I remember we countered in the first half from a Swansea corner and no one went with the counter. It ended up quickly breaking down. 

We went with a plan tonight and that was to play anti football and try and get a point. 

It worked. At least there's a plan now. 

But we have to sort out where the goals are gonna come from. 

Tonight was very hard to watch. We had no interest in scoring and had 8 9 men behind the ball most of the time. 

It was a better performance than we've put on in recent weeks but still way way below the level needed to get results in this league. 

We also slipped further into the mire and are no 5 points off safety. 

Very worrying times indeed. 

Yet again Sheffield wednesday football club have recruited so very poorly. 

Ideally we need 4 or 5 free transfers in as we could be dead and buried by Christmas 

• Haha 7

Very good first half, well impressed, we knew second half would be different. Theres a few players to come back as well. Main thing is we need to keep in touch with clubs around us, then sign a couple of decent players in the new year.wel done Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kenners3896 said:

Good god. 

Paterson doesn't have a role in the team. He isnt a target man, he isnt quick, he isnt a clever footballer, what is he? 

Its just all so disjointed and slow. I remember we countered in the first half from a Swansea corner and no one went with the counter. It ended up quickly breaking down. 

We went with a plan tonight and that was to play anti football and try and get a point. 

It was a better performance than we've put on in recent weeks but still way way below the level needed to get results in this league. 

wtf you on about ?.......we got a result and at a club that will be in the mix at the end of the season ......

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Good god. 

Tonight was very hard to watch. We had no interest in scoring and had 8 9 men behind the ball most of the time. 

Ideally we need 4 or 5 free transfers in as we could be dead and buried by Christmas 

giphy.gif

You nearly had me!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Good god. 

Ah - so you are the Tony Kenworthy wot Terry Curran trod on back in the day. Great whoosh!

42 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Good god. 

You keep talking about anti-football, but you've been playing it all season and only have one point. 

Bad recruitment is spending 50 million on two players that are not better than the players you sold/didn't own who play in the same position. 

55 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Good god. 

Clown 

• Haha 1

I was quite pleased with tonight's performance actually.

I thought our defensive shape was excellent for almost the whole game.

Börner in the centre of 3 centre backs and Lees to the right in particular were both really commanding. I would like to have given plaudits to van Aken too, but his attempts to deal with Ayew for the equaliser were far too weak, sadly.

Elsewhere on the pitch, I think Reach was the standout, and not just for the goal as he was full of running all game long. That was probably the most impressed I've been with Paterson since he signed too.

• Love 1