POST MATCH REACTION - what did you make of that?

Best performance of the season. Organised work ethic and actually attacked first half.

Yes they had a spell in second half when we were under cosh but there a good side with good players and were not. We overcame that and didn’t really get troubled. 

Man of Match could have been a few of them which is a good sign 

• Like 3

Two games in away from home against a solid championship side and a play-off contender. A 1-0 defeat having played most of the game with 10 men and a 1-1 draw.

That’s what you get with Pulis. Competitiveness and solidity. Scoring goals is a concern but we’re in games. See how we go at home now. Can we score in the first half of games at S6? Something we couldn’t do under Monk.

I think in two months time things will look better. Long way to go of course but I think we have the right man in charge for the situation we’re in.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Much better. You could see a game plan, but second half was much more negative. Very cautious.

Pulis was pissed off a few times when we didn't get it forward quick enough.

Positive signs though, as far as application.

We'll be a different team when Iorfa and flint are back. Just need a striker.

• Like 1

It was a very good point . Most of us would have settled for that . 

we definitely do have to improve our attacking strength , but it’s bound to take a bit of  time. Every club wants to do that

i think Pulis will make the most of a fairly average squad 

• Like 1

Positives

- Goal. Reyt strike

- first half passing, work rate, organisation 

- kept going to the end 

- good point 

- Pulis barking orders out all game like a proper manager

- some good shithousery time wasting 

Negatives 

- JVA needs to work on his game 

- Kachunga more anonymous 
- Squeeky bum time at the end

- Westwood injury. That could be him done now, Wildsmiths place to lose. 
- still 5 points off safety 

Million times better than a few weeks ago. 

Passing was better, crossing was mainly better, scored from OPEN PLAY!!!! Defended better (apart from their goal when Ayew wasn't closed down) 

The effort of all the players was there, Bannan never stopped, Reach looked like he had some of his confidence back, Lees and Borner solid, Moses up and down causing problems, Paterson never stopped and was a nuisance for Swansea. Rhodes, although didn't score, did well up top on his own winning throwins etc. 

I was a lot happier with that performance tonight. Cant really complain at any player.

• Like 1

First half is one of the best I've seen us play in the last 12 months. Great shape of the team and intensity.

Fitness the problem, we can't maintain that for 90 minutes at the moment. Strike force is a massive problem. I honestly didn't realise Kachunga was on the pitch. Patterson ran his socks off. A lot better performance from Reach.

All round it's a massive positive for me after the short space of time Pulis has been here. We look hard to beat. If it wasn't for the 10 men on Saturday I dont think we would have lost.

P.s Nuhiu would have been perfect in this team

Just now, Sambo89 said:

Million times better than a few weeks ago. 

Passing was better, crossing was mainly better, scored from OPEN PLAY!!!! Defended better (apart from their goal when Ayew wasn't closed down) 

The effort of all the players was there, Bannan never stopped, Reach looked like he had some of his confidence back, Lees and Borner solid, Moses up and down causing problems, Paterson never stopped and was a nuisance for Swansea. Rhodes, although didn't score, did well up top on his own winning throwins etc. 

I was a lot happier with that performance tonight. Cant really complain at any player.

It was direct from a corner 

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Two games in away from home against a solid championship side and a play-off contender. A 1-0 defeat having played most of the game with 10 men and a 1-1 draw.

That’s what you get with Pulis. Competitiveness and solidity. Scoring goals is a concern but we’re in games. See how we go at home now. Can we score in the first half of games at S6? Something we couldn’t do under Monk.

I think in two months time things will look better. Long way to go of course but I think we have the right man in charge for the situation we’re in.

One point from six though Jim

That would be 21 points over a full season 

Monk was achieving more than that 

before anyone starts that was a JOKE ffs

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

For those that say the pulis plan is anti football and dinosaur, I was happy enough to just see a plan.

Personally thought the ref blew at the end for handball. Ayew to me looked like he was going to try bundle it goalwards and use the high foot as an excuse. Easily the stand out player on either team but jesus christ does he moan.

Not sure what van aken's doing for the goal. Cant believe that any championship centre half (regardless of position theyre playing) would let ayew turn and then get onto his left foot in the area. Criminal.

Reach played his best game in a long time. Odebajo I thought did alright as the only player who could get past a player but will still have his critics. Kachunga definitely looks like one of the players pulis mentioned as being signed for the sake of signing someone. We massively need a player who can get us up the field by just being rapid and/or being able to dribble.