POST MATCH REACTION - what did you make of that?

Great in first half. Defense looked very, very good, with odd decent attack. Just need better attackers. 

The goal we conceded was the first bit of rubbish defending. Van Aken just gave up after a bit of a chase to let him score. 

Bannan was good today. Shame about Westwood. 

Great attacking side who we made look average and non existant in first half. Good performance i thought. 

• Like 1

Luongo was superb and provided balance to Bannan. We missed him when he went off. Reach, Patterson and Odubajo all took good responsibility tonight. I liked the look of Shaw, need him to build confidence and show for the ball when we are in possession.

Good performance, with some excellent football in the second half of the first half.

Big improvement in organisation, although a little lucky to come away with a point in the end.  Our lack of attacking threat likely to mean we end up hanging on for points rather than seeing games out comfortably.  I can see Paterson being one of first names on team sheet for Pulis.  We need a striker and a left back.

• Like 3

I thought we were superb until that goal. We were keeping possession in our own half well. 

Defence were well drilled, always tight and not letting them turn or settle on the ball. Players were showing for each other and backing each other up.We were frustrating them. One poor bit of defending cost us three points. I can see what Pulis is trying to do.  Players like Reach and Bannan were much better tonight than they have been all season. It will be interesting to see how we play at home.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Good performance. We had a plan and played to it. And we looked organised. 

Effort. 100%. 

Goal was excellent. Clearly something straight off the training ground.

This.

Organisation and effort are the two things we consistently missed under Monk. It doesn't look like Pulis will let that happen too often.

Onwards and upwards UTO

I thought it was an excellent first half for us. Well worked goal.

Second half we looked solid apart from a good goal by them. I thought out heads might drop after the goal but we stuck at it.

A point away at Swansea is a good result. Something to build on and increase confidence.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

Much better

Had Wildsmith moved his feet instead of standing with them planted to the ground as Ayew moved across to make his shot the result could have been very different.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

First half excellent, second half poor. Van Aken is poo. Wildsmith is getting better but can’t organize a defence. I think Rhodes is crap but we were awful once Kachunga came on.

Will struggle to stay up.

In a nutshell.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Much better

Had Wildsmith moved his feet instead of standing with them planted to the ground as Ayew moved across to make his shot the result could have been very different.

Showed too much of the goal and didn't need to be off his line.

However it was Van Akens and Pattersons fault. Van Aken opened up too much and Patterson should have supported him 

• Like 2