Bielsa nominated Manager of the Year

3 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Is this the same Bielsa who personally admitted to knowingly supporting and encouraging his team's rampant cheating and potentially criminal actions by repeatedly breaking into the training grounds of their upcoming opponents?

That Bielsa?

They never once broke in anywhere.

Jesus I hate L**ds as much (probably more) as the next man, but some of the bitterness on here is comical.

Just not bothered...

32 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Probably the greatest Championship side of the PL era if that makes sense.

Think they lost two games all season, which is an incredible achievement.

They signed a bunch of cast-offs who turned into superb players. I think they only spent 1m on Leroy Lita that season. The rest were loans or released players. 

31 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

They didn't have the biggest budget at all!  They had the 7th highest wage bill last season.

Hardly revolutionary is it?

I’d like to see Norwich’s wage budget the year Lambert got back to back promotions with them. Bet it was amongst the lowest in the league. As I’ve already mentioned Reading’s wage budget would have dwarfed Leeds’ last season. Same with the Pigs two years ago.

People act like he took a bunch of league 2 players to the Premier League. Leeds had a very solid squad at Championship level and he had money to spend to strengthen it. 

Guest Mcguigan
4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hardly revolutionary is it?

I’d like to see Norwich’s wage budget the year Lambert got back to back promotions with them. Bet it was amongst the lowest in the league. As I’ve already mentioned Reading’s wage budget would have dwarfed Leeds’ last season. Same with the Pigs two years ago.

People act like he took a bunch of league 2 players to the Premier League. Leeds had a very solid squad at Championship level and he had money to spend to strengthen it. 

You make things up a lot in your posts.

Guest Mcguigan
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

What’s made up in that post?

I bet Lambert, Wilder and Coppell all achieved promotion from the Championship with a wage budget less than what Bielsa had at Leeds. 

They sold about £30m+ of players last season.

Jack Clarke, Jansson, Roofe, Vieira, Saiz, Peacock-Farrell, Ekuban, Sacko, all first teamers. 

Guest Mcguigan
31 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No sh*t, Sherlock.

Talk about the missing the point of the thread.

29 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

That point being?

When you’re ready Sherlock.

21 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

They sold about £30m+ of players last season.

Jack Clarke, Jansson, Roofe, Vieira, Saiz, Peacock-Farrell, Ekuban, Sacko, all first teamers. 

Clarke returned on loan. And then didn’t play because he wasn’t good enough.

Jansson on paper a big loss, but replaced with the excellent Ben White.

Kemar Roofe, Bielsa didn’t fancy him. Bamford stepped up and they signed Nketiah and Augustin - two massive loan deals for the Championship.

Peacock-Farrell was second choice to Casilla.

Viera they sold the year before.

Sacko was not a first team player under Bielsa. He was loaned to Las Palmas and a Turkish side in Bielsa’s first season until sold last summer. Jack Harrison was signed instead who is one of the most highly rated players out of City’s academy.

Saiz yes the sold him, not bad being able to replace him with Helder Costa though.

Ekuban was crap for Leeds and again wasn’t a first teamer. In 2 years he made 20 appearances and in Bielsa’s 1st season spent it on loan in Turkey. That’s like saying Jordan Rhodes was a first teamer for us but we had to loan him to Norwich, oh poor us.

So in fact you are the one who makes a lot of stuff up in your posts! 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Kemar Roofe, Bielsa didn’t fancy him. Bamford stepped up and they signed Nketiah and Augustin - two massive loan deals for the Championship.

Sacko was not a first team player under Bielsa. He was loaned to Las Palmas and a Turkish side in Bielsa’s first season until sold last summer. Jack Harrison was signed instead who is one of the most highly rated players out of City’s academy.

Saiz yes the sold him, not bad being able to replace him with Helder Costa though.

Ekuban was crap for Leeds and again wasn’t a first teamer. In 2 years he made 20 appearances and in Bielsa’s 1st season spent it on loan in Turkey. That’s like saying Jordan Rhodes was a first teamer for us but we had to loan him to Norwich, oh poor us.

Splashed a tasty fee on Bamford and Costa was with a view to a permanent of around 16 million.

Great coach/manager, but he was backed and I'm pretty sure Leeds were sailing close to the FFP wind prior to promotion.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What’s made up in that post?

I bet Lambert, Wilder and Coppell all achieved promotion from the Championship with a wage budget less than what Bielsa had at Leeds. 

Well seeing as Lambert and Coppell were years ago, I'd say that was pretty obvious.

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who made Ben White excellent? He certainly wasn’t before Bielsa took him.

The two massive loan deals , as you put it, hardly started 3-4 league games between them.

Hardly strengthening the squad.