Bielsa nominated Manager of the Year

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Argentina, Chile, Lazio, Marseille, Athletic Bilbao.  Yeah right list of nobodies!

Well take away Argentina are they top jobs? I wouldn't say so, point was the level of respect he's had in the game you wonder why he's never had a chance at the very top clubs.

• Like 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Well take away Argentina are they top jobs? I wouldn't say so, point was the level of respect he's had in the game you wonder why he's never had a chance at the very top clubs.

Because he wants to be in control.  He wants to have a say in every facet of the football at the club.  And he wouldn't get that at Barcelona, Real, Bayern, etc.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Because he wants to be in control.  He wants to have a say in every facet of the football at the club.  And he wouldn't get that at Barcelona, Real, Bayern, etc.

Weird-I would say if he wants full control he should have come to England years ago as that is more our style compared to Europe. 

• Like 1

Farcical. 

He's a great manager, but the amount of hype which surrounds him (at times) is a bit bonkers.

I might be wrong, but isn't Leeds one of the few times where he actually won/achieved something tangible? Doesn't he have a reputation for playing innovative, attacking football, but winning bugger all? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

The hype around him is mental. He's a good manager and has a good philosophy, but he's hardly taken a team from 3rd tier to CL in a couple of years, he's taken a team with the biggest budget up and has them lower mid table. Meh

Tbf, some of the stuff I've heard since he got Leeds back up. 

The best promoted team ever...after a handful of games. 

They had a match on MNF between Leeds and Leicester where they didn't even talk about Leicester in the build up. The game ended 1-4 to Leicester and could have been a lot more. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Steve Coppell got Reading promoted on one of the lowest wage budgets in the league with a Championship points record of 106. The following season he finished 8th in the Prem with the same side.

Far far better than what Bielsa achieved with Leeds. 

Think it's clear Bielsa has more than a few friends though. That's the way it goes. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Steve Coppell got Reading promoted on one of the lowest wage budgets in the league with a Championship points record of 106. The following season he finished 8th in the Prem with the same side.

Far far better than what Bielsa achieved with Leeds. 

Probably the greatest Championship side of the PL era if that makes sense.

Think they lost two games all season, which is an incredible achievement.

11 hours ago, fudge27 said:

The hype around him is mental. He's a good manager and has a good philosophy, but he's hardly taken a team from 3rd tier to CL in a couple of years, he's taken a team with the biggest budget up and has them lower mid table. Meh

They didn't have the biggest budget at all!  They had the 7th highest wage bill last season.

Just not bothered...