Ahmed Musa

Guest hirstysfags

15 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

We should use what we have. I don't think Rhodes gets a fair crack of the whip. Price tag is like a noose for him. I would give Rhodes a decent run of games.

I don't know much about Musa, his stats don't look like much to get excited about though, hopefully his all round play is better????

Has he got a bit of pace still.? 

We both know that pulis isn't going to give Rhodes at sustained run of games. No mangers has in the last 4 years so why will Pulis be any different.

Because we have no better option i hear you say.

Well this proves he is looking for a better option immediately, not waiting till January which is only a month away, right now.

And also Windass and Harris will both come back into the side before that. At the expense of who, yep you guessed it, Jordan Rhodes.

21 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

We should use what we have. I don't think Rhodes gets a fair crack of the whip. Price tag is like a noose for him. I would give Rhodes a decent run of games.

I don't know much about Musa, his stats don't look like much to get excited about though, hopefully his all round play is better????

The thing with Rhodes is that he needs a player like Gestede alongside him.

He's never really replicated that Blackburn partnership since.

Musa's got pace, which obviously opens doors up front.

No idea what his wages would be, though.

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Has he got a bit of pace still.? 

We both know that pulis isn't going to give Rhodes at sustained run of games. No mangers has in the last 4 years so why will Pulis be any different.

Because we have no better option i hear you say.

Well this proves he is looking for a better option immediately, not waiting till January which is only a month away, right now.

And also Windass and Harris will both come back into the side before that. At the expense of who, yep you guessed it, Jordan Rhodes.

I just see it as unfair on Rhodes as he has a bad game and is dropped, whereas others have bad games and continue to start. 

I would like to see Marriott sent back (for good) and Pulis able to bring in a striker to replace him. Not convinced by Musa's stats at all to be honest. I have read on here that he has pace, but does he have an end product for a striker?

I dont read anything into Musa to tell me he is better than what we already have. I hope Pulis can bring in better, although we arent in a great position to be choosey.

• Like 1

Think last night showed us the dilemma facing Pulis. While we played just the one up front, we controlled the game for long periods It was a bit of a thankless task for Rhodes though, up there on his own. When we changed it, after they had scored, and played two up there, we lost that control 

Other than being able to find a sh@t hot striker who has everything, this looks as if it could be a problem

He might like his money but I think he gives his all. By the looks of his following on Instagram, he means alot to every club he's played for and Nigeria for his goals at the World Cup.

Strange why a WBA, Burnley or team at the top of the Championship don't take the gamble.

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

He might like his money but I think he gives his all. By the looks of his following on Instagram, he means alot to every club he's played for and Nigeria for his goals at the World Cup.

Strange why a WBA, Burnley or team at the top of the Championship don't take the gamble.

Shhhhh

Musa just responded by saying he doesn't know where these rumours have come from, but wants to play at the highest level.

“With due respect to the club, I left Saudi Arabia to continue my career at the top level in Europe and that's the ambition.”

10 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Musa just responded by saying he doesn't know where these rumours have come from, but wants to play at the highest level.

“With due respect to the club, I left Saudi Arabia to continue my career at the top level in Europe and that's the ambition.”

I want to shag Kylie but having to make do with Susan Boyle until Kylie lowers her demands

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

is young Att following him yet? 🙂

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

No surprise. Never believed Musa was a goer. Players are less inclined to drop these days even if it’s not happening for them. They prefer to hold out.

Musa doesn’t fit what we need anyway. If we’d gone for Chris Martin during the window like I wanted, we wouldn’t be scratching around for that type of player now.

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Think last night showed us the dilemma facing Pulis. While we played just the one up front, we controlled the game for long periods It was a bit of a thankless task for Rhodes though, up there on his own.

The problem though is:

1. Rhodes doesn't have the pace to get in behind or close down the defenders/keepers fast enough to actually be a threat.

2. Rhodes isn't strong enough to receive the ball and hold off defenders so we can get higher up the pitch.

3. Rhodes isn't tall enough or good enough in the air to win headers to flick on to our players.

Windass would be a huge improvement over Rhodes on his own up front, as would Paterson.

16 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

The problem though is:

1. Rhodes doesn't have the pace to get in behind or close down the defenders/keepers fast enough to actually be a threat.

2. Rhodes isn't strong enough to receive the ball and hold off defenders so we can get higher up the pitch.

3. Rhodes isn't tall enough or good enough in the air to win headers to flick on to our players.

Windass would be a huge improvement over Rhodes on his own up front, as would Paterson.

None really are the solution though When I’ve seen Paterson up front, he’s been pants, but in the midfield role last night, I couldn’t fault him

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

None really are the solution though When I’ve seen Paterson up front, he’s been pants, but in the midfield role last night, I couldn’t fault him

Thought he looked good on his debut and did well when he scored his header, certainly wouldn't say he's pants tbh, not least he was playing in a side bereft of confidence and tactical nous. But yeah he was really good last night and we definitely need the bodies in midfield.