Ahmed Musa

Guest hirstysfags

11 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Musa would be a great signing imo.  

I was watching the Pulis press conference last night in full, and Pulis mentioned the benefit of having pace on the wings.  Musa would fit the bill.  

We'd be much more dangerous and more effective going forward on the ball, with a Murphy type player to run at the opposition and to push them back. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Musa would be a great signing imo.  

I was watching the Pulis press conference last night in full, and Pulis mentioned the benefit of having pace on the wings.  Musa would fit the bill.  

Bet he can't wait for Harris to be back aswell then.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Bet he can't wait for Harris to be back aswell then.

He'd have loved to have had Murphy and Fletcher in this squad. Hopefully we'll replace their quality. Because their attributes would suit Pulis and players of that ability would significantly improve our effectiveness as a team. And they'd give us a get out and the chance to push teams back more often, giving our defence at least some less pressure on it. 

• Like 1

The way Pulis has us sitting deep we clearly need to have some pace to counter-attack with. There were plenty of times today when it was either Reach (okay, decentish pace), Bannan (none) or Paterson (ditto) roaring out on the counter-attack.

And he's a player I had actually heard of. Would be a great Champ Man signing. Who knows about the real world.

But honestly, how can he be any less effective than Rhodes, Kachunga, Da Cruz and some of the rest of the dross we've watched recently. So I say... sign him up! Even if we're paying slightly silly money - we need some pace and flair.

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Maybe the fact he’s a free agent means his wages won’t be too silly. Still a decent age. Got to be worth a gamble?

Being available on a free likely means he (or his agent) will ask for inflated wages and a hefty signing bonus since there's no transfer fee to pay to another club.

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I see folk are getting excited?

Can they tell me what he's done since 2015 (e.g  five YEARS ago)??

The same applies to Jordan Rhodes. But there are plenty on here still excited about him.

Edited by pazowl55

Remember feeling jealous when Leicester got him as he was very highly rated at that time, watched him score twice in a friendly against Barca, I think. 

But then struggled to make an impact in the PL, hopefully he’d still be good enough for the championship tho 

39 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The same applies to Jordan Rhodes. But there are plenty on here still excited about him.

We should use what we have. I don't think Rhodes gets a fair crack of the whip. Price tag is like a noose for him. I would give Rhodes a decent run of games.

I don't know much about Musa, his stats don't look like much to get excited about though, hopefully his all round play is better????