5 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Wages.

Went to Leicester for nearly £20 million and been playing in Saudi Arabia. And he has 95 caps for Nigeria.

He’ll be wanting at least 50k a week to come to Wednesday 

Wow that would be crazy wages for a club in our position to pay. 

• Haha 1

Moved to Leicester for over £15 million a few years back... Hopefully his wages aren’t too high. 

Then again, we certainly aren’t in a position to be picky. If we really want to start scoring goals and climb the table, we will have invest a bit, be it transfer fees or wages.

If his wage demands are too high he won't be heading to S6.

If he wants to play football and get himself noticed again, we could be right for him, but his agent needs to realise what world football outside the Prem is currently operating in.

Without stating the bleeding obvious we need a goalscorer. This lad might give us something a little different to what we already have. I suspect a contract until the end of the season wouldn’t represent too much of a risk? Plus I don’t think Marriott’s coming back?

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Since when has that ever stopped us. 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just don’t see a 28 year old who’s gone for £20 million and has scored in world cups dropping into a championship relegation battle unless there’s some really big money offered.

He was reportedly on 60k a week in Saudi Arabia and you’d think there’d still be a bit of interest in him around Europe

• Like 2

Supposedly been offered to West Ham and Newcastle although probably more out of agent's hope than anything. Isn't Prem standard but should be at a very high Championship level. Just hope his fitness is ok as doubt the Saudi league is very stressful.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't want to be a party pooper again but his stats show he's been proper dogger since 2015

Scored two against Argentina in the 2014 World Cup and two against Iceland in the 2018 World Cup.

I can’t see it happening. Have we ever had a player who’s scored 4 World Cup goals?

He is very very quick

Can be an absolute donkey with the ball though, as in he will just run it out of play or he will hit a shot/cross that you would see in sunday league level

We were very shocked when we got quite a bit of the money back that we spent on him