Swansea City vs. Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Christ, what was that half??? 

We actually have a structure and purpose 

Nearly shed a tear when I caught Lees closing down their attacker on the bloody halfway line 

Never have I seen our defenders press that far up the pitch 

Tony Pulis... The Welsh Guardiola.

Those last 15 minutes.

The irony.

garymegson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really good half. First time in ages I’ve watched us and could see a game plan. A boring one but at least it’s a plan. All the players seem comfortable also. Football is a simple when done correctly. Head it away, kick it out. Get it in the box when you can. Shoot when you can. I feel we are doing the simple things correctly and not trying to Complicate it.  

1 minute ago, catdog1121 said:

Agree, we are not a team that is going to score lots of goals this season so Pulis mentality of being hard to beat and good structure in games like these will get us something.

Agreed mate. Players aren’t half as bad as some fans make out as this first half has shown.

Let’s keep it up.

• Like 1

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

They were creating nothing and getting no space in our defending/there attacking 3rd which at a guess is exactly what the game plan was.

Yep, they are being bossed by our back three...but their movement is (was) good...we're growing in belief when we keep possession and pass it about

• Like 1

Guest domSWFC

Best performance I've seen from us in a while. 

Not pretty, but very well drilled. Every player knew their role and positon. Every single player so far has worked hard, and pressed as a unit. 

Pleased to see that we actually want to play through the midfield, quickly to get up the field and not just hitting it long. 

Hopefully more of the same second half.