Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If someone did that to me in a pub I’d probably lash out at them and probably give them what would be regarded as homophobic abuse. The context is different though because in that case it’s out of the blue and someone is either doing it for perverted reasons (so deserve whatever happens to them) or they’re doing it to instigate a scrap. So it’s going to end in violence or police involvement or someone sheepishly being made to look foolish and just taking it.

 

Paterson knows he’s not trying to w*nk him off, just get a reaction out of him to get another red card. Hence id have thought he won’t be sat at home right now feeling like he’s a rape victim or something. But if he is then by all means take it further than just the FA

Not disagreeing totally but I would say the grabbing of Paterson was out of the blue. I know there have been a few instances of it recently in sport but I haven’t ever seen it in any match I’ve ever watched or played in so would say this was pretty much out of the blue. 
The problem is the ‘it wansnt a rape’ argument is a very tricky one to navigate.

I am nearly 50 so am from a bygone era. My sons both had ‘consent’ lessons at school recently and their generation would very much see what happened as sexual assault if Paterson feels it is. 
What we think doesn’t matter that much any more. What you or I may or may not see as reasonable isn’t really of any consequence. Times have changed. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

I'm sorry but your wrong 

100% wrong to defend this 

Doesn't matter where it occurred 

Fisher touched paterson with out his consent 

 

 

 

Not sure, just before the action looked like they were in cahoots.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If someone did that to me in a pub I’d probably lash out at them and probably give them what would be regarded as homophobic abuse. The context is different though because in that case it’s out of the blue and someone is either doing it for perverted reasons (so deserve whatever happens to them) or they’re doing it to instigate a scrap. So it’s going to end in violence or police involvement or someone sheepishly being made to look foolish and just taking it.

 

Paterson knows he’s not trying to w*nk him off, just get a reaction out of him to get another red card. Hence id have thought he won’t be sat at home right now feeling like he’s a rape victim or something. But if he is then by all means take it further than just the FA

The 3rd option for your scenario is 'oh come on mate, I was just trying to distract you so I could get to the bar before you!' 

 

Still happy with that? Still think it's ok? Laugh it off? Or respond in the same way way that Paterson did, which must have taken incredible self restraint. He comes out of this with a lot of credit. 

 

Probably best if everyone says 'Lets just not grab each others nadgers unless we're all ok with it'. He needs banning for 10 games at least, it's messed up. Kids see a player diving what do they do - dive. Kids see a player doing doing that - 'oh it's ok, it's shithousery, happens all the time. WTF. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Not disagreeing totally but I would say the grabbing of Paterson was out of the blue. I know there have been a few instances of it recently in sport but I haven’t ever seen it in any match I’ve ever watched or played in so would say this was pretty much out of the blue. 
The problem is the ‘it wansnt a rape’ argument is a very tricky one to navigate.

I am nearly 50 so am from a bygone era. My sons both had ‘consent’ lessons at school recently and their generation would very much see what happened as sexual assault if Paterson feels it is. 
What we think doesn’t matter that much any more. What you or I may or may not see as reasonable isn’t really of any consequence. Times have changed. 

Looks like he does it regularly though.. and I bet he’s not the only pro to initiate ‘tactics’ like this 

0B674395-2CCF-42DE-BFC6-39FCCF32ABF3.png

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Looks like he does it regularly though.. and I bet he’s not the only pro to initiate ‘tactics’ like this 

0B674395-2CCF-42DE-BFC6-39FCCF32ABF3.png

 

Hope he didn't sniff his fingers afterwards. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

I'm sorry but your wrong 

100% wrong to defend this 

Doesn't matter where it occurred 

Fisher touched paterson with out his consent 

 

 

And I would imagine caused him a fair bit of embarrassment now it's all over social media. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...