Keeper Error 😂

Kopparberg

Reminds me of the Newcastle keeper Bell (he certainly was) from 1974. I watched it on Big Match Revisited recently because it's the episode with Wednesday's 4-4 draw with Man Utd, it's worth a watch, still on ITV catch-up.

He literally threw one into his own net and was very dodgy for the other 2 goals as well. I wondered what became of him after that so I looked it up and that was his only ever league appearance. Bet he's so glad it was captured on film for his family and friends to watch / laugh at decades later. 

On 24/11/2020 at 09:22, alanharper said:

Reminds me of the Newcastle keeper Bell (he certainly was) from 1974. I watched it on Big Match Revisited recently because it's the episode with Wednesday's 4-4 draw with Man Utd, it's worth a watch, still on ITV catch-up.

He literally threw one into his own net and was very dodgy for the other 2 goals as well. I wondered what became of him after that so I looked it up and that was his only ever league appearance. Bet he's so glad it was captured on film for his family and friends to watch / laugh at decades later. 

He had a tough day.

Thought he was a bit unlucky having caught a wickedly powerful cross but then falling awkwardly on his back which dislodged the ball.

With luck like that and being in 1 of about 6 games televised that day, he should've bought a lottery ticket!