Team for Swansea

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Like you say we never really saw much yesterday after Windass stupidity spoilt it

I'd drop Westwood and put Wildsmith back in - only fair given the howler

Up front is irrelevant until we start getting the ball to them so I don't care who plays up front anymore until that's done

Westwood is said to refuse to be on the bench. I would not have started him yesterday and would have made him be a sub. Dropping 

Wildsmith sent out the wrong message.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Westwood is said to refuse to be on the bench. I would not have started him yesterday and would have made him be a sub. Dropping 

Wildsmith sent out the wrong message.

It sent out the message that Westwood is his number one keeper. Which is why I don't see him being dropped for the next match.

• Like 1

We have no chance whatsoever at swansea..none.

Treat as a training opportunity, play several under 23's, just to see what's what.

Preston yesterday were absolute garbage yet we managed FA, nothing, ziltch.

Windass should have started with Rhodes, Westwood should not have been in the team.

Bannan was wasted as per normal.

Carry on with performances as shyte as that, no ******** would save us from relegation, nobody..

Preston were absolute dog-shyte..so what the foook are we like..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pulis could stick with the same system used against Preston but he might tweak it, as Swansea are more attack minded than Preston. Pulis might decide to bring JP in and have two holding midfielders, if not Paterson or Kachunga could possibly play in behind Rhodes? 

4-4-1-1/4-1-4-1

Westwood or Wildsmith;

Palmer, 

Lees, 

Borner, 

Penney or Van Aken;

Brown, 

Luongo, 

Bannan, 

Reach;

Paterson or Kachunga;

Rhodes. 

4-2-3-1

Westwood or Wildsmith;

Palmer, 

Lees, 

Borner, 

Penney or Odubajo;

JP, 

Luongo;

Brown or Paterson, 

Bannan, 

Reach or Kachunga;

Rhodes. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 0114 said:

I would say so. 

He’s 4 yards out and unmarked. Wouldn’t say it’s a tight angle either, it’s well within the 6 yard box.

Had it gone in, I doubt a back post tap in would have been compared to Van Basten’s volley.

FFE299EC-E80E-40A6-92FE-9C27F26BBCF8.png

09CE4BA5-8910-4906-BCF3-7FD6432E8759.png

Stills give the wrong impression - not an easy chance, and certainly not a back post tap in.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Bannan will be off set plays I suspect , Pulis won’t take another 90 of that.

He certainly won’t get many chances.

If yesterday’s game plan after going down to 10 men was to hope to convert from a dead-ball Bannan blew a hole in it with his awful deliveries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

We have no chance whatsoever at swansea..none.

Treat as a training opportunity, play several under 23's, just to see what's what.

Preston yesterday were absolute garbage yet we managed FA, nothing, ziltch.

Windass should have started with Rhodes, Westwood should not have been in the team.

Bannan was wasted as per normal.

Carry on with performances as shyte as that, no ******** would save us from relegation, nobody..

Preston were absolute dog-shyte..so what the foook are we like..

You free to do the rallying team-talk before they leave the dressing-room on Wednesday?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’d put Penney in for Van Aken. It makes me shudder that he still gets anywhere near the team. He’s utter dogsh!te. Pulis needs a left-back in January.

I think Harris will come in for Odubajo eventually but obviously he’s still suspended for Wednesday night. Odubajo is another player I’d bin off ASAP.

As for Windass’ replacement, there’s only Rhodes who can come in. It’s an utter disgrace the lack of options we have upfront.

Totally expecting the side to look totally different in twelve months time. Hopefully we’ll still be a championship side then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I’d put Penney in for Van Aken. It makes me shudder that he still gets anywhere near the team. He’s utter dogsh!te. Pulis needs a left-back in January.

I think Harris will come in for Odubajo eventually but obviously he’s still suspended for Wednesday night. Odubajo is another player I’d bin off ASAP.

As for Windass’ replacement, there’s only Rhodes who can come in. It’s an utter disgrace the lack of options we have upfront.

Totally expecting the side to look totally different in twelve months time. Hopefully we’ll still be a championship side then?

I agree on Van Aken, thought he was awful 

But I’d play Palmer there. I’m not a huge fan of Palmer, but actually I think he best performances for us have come at LB