Free transfer market.

On 21/11/2020 at 20:30, Owls-Fan said:

We desperately need a couple more attacking players now as our options are awful.  We need more pace up top as Pulis will set us up to be organised and defensively sound but he needs someone up top to run past opposing defenders to win corners and free kicks. And we need to get someone else to take them too 

I disagree. We have forwards that can run beyond the opposition defenders; what we need is a centre-forward (target man) that can bring the other forwards in. 

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Defensive Centre Midfield: Kevin Stewart or Tom Huddlestone; Winger/Attacking Midfield: Ahmed Musa or Andre Green, Attacker/Target Man: Diafra Sakho, Yaya Sanogo or Oumar Niasse? 

Newcastle supposedly signing Ahmed Musa in January.......................wasnt Sakho the guy who left a £200,000 Lamborbhini in the West Ham training ground car park when he left the club ?

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I disagree. We have forwards that can run beyond the opposition defenders; what we need is a centre-forward (target man) that can bring the other forwards in. 

First need funds to finance that.

Tiny Millwall topped our Zahore offer. Skint.

Surely , a share offer is way forward like several clubs recently?

On 21/11/2020 at 20:41, S72 Owl said:

I agree but loans can’t come while January. We’ve got 10 important games between now and 2nd Jan.

by them we could already be down , so something must be done now .lets see if pulis has any contacts ? and dismiss our bloody dreadful recruitment team. 

18 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Mendez Laing would be a good signing. Not sure what went off at Cardiff and why he was sacked. Did we ever find out? 

he would be an excellent signing . good post just what we need . we have to do something as this lot 100% will send us down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Themagiccap said:

Matt O'Riley should have been signed in summer and is still free to boost creativity in midfield 

These are the type of players we should be signing IMO, zero risk as long as wages match the ability, plus chance of him really kicking on and having a good resale value.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

These are the type of players we should be signing IMO, zero risk as long as wages match the ability, plus chance of him really kicking on and having a good resale value.

Agree, i see Aiden Barlow is still available too another one who us signing cant do any harm. Contract to end of season both under 21 so dont have to be registered they will bolster the under 23's until up to fitness and if there good enough then the first team too.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

Matt O'Riley should have been signed in summer and is still free to boost creativity in midfield 

Who?

2 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

Said we should sign him many times on here. He is available on free and very talented, as good technician and passer of the ball as we have at the club. One of those players who I would love to see us go after even if things don't turn out as we would hope so.

Before Chansiri we were never able to go after such talented players and now that we can we don't seem to want to ?!

There is a big question if young, creative players would want to sign for a club managed by Pulis...

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Said we should sign him many times on here. He is available on free and very talented, as good technician and passer of the ball as we have at the club. One of those players who I would love to see us go after even if things don't turn out as we would hope so.

Before Chansiri we were never able to go after such talented players and now that we can we don't seem to want to ?!

There is a big question if young, creative players would want to sign for a club managed by Pulis...

No Malek, the big question is...

How does he stack up to Tom Hateley?  lol 

image.png.9e4ec95292ec216be9932b22b94c049a.png

What a career, we really lost out here!!

ps.. I'm only ribbing you 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tea Baggins said:

No Malek, the big question is...

How does he stack up to Tom Hateley?  lol 

image.png.9e4ec95292ec216be9932b22b94c049a.png

What a career, we really lost out here!!

ps.. I'm only ribbing you 

I get the joke, and no hard feelings there 😘 (as I said before) it is great that some of you remember player I recommended on here almost 10 years ago and who was probably available for under 100 k 😊

If only someone would remember some of players that turned really good and that I got ribbed on here about. Flack and Norwood seem to be doing fairly well for United, Nikola Vlasic' who was available for between 1 and 2m is now probably worth around 30m, etc...

In any case, whenever I mention someone as a "future talent" or "top signing" it is always an educated guess and even professionals with decades of experience who get paid huge money to identify players like these got it wrong all the time, so I guess Im not doing that badly. Certainly much better than whoever is in charge of recruitment at Wednesday 😌

57 minutes ago, malek said:

I get the joke, and no hard feelings there 😘 (as I said before) it is great that some of you remember player I recommended on here almost 10 years ago and who was probably available for under 100 k 😊

If only someone would remember some of players that turned really good and that I got ribbed on here about. Flack and Norwood seem to be doing fairly well for United, Nikola Vlasic' who was available for between 1 and 2m is now probably worth around 30m, etc...

In any case, whenever I mention someone as a "future talent" or "top signing" it is always an educated guess and even professionals with decades of experience who get paid huge money to identify players like these got it wrong all the time, so I guess Im not doing that badly. Certainly much better than whoever is in charge of recruitment at Wednesday 😌

I know mate, I was only having a joke.

You seem to nail a lot of talent in reality and I wish you could somehow get through to the club and point them in the direction.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Things aren't working out too well in the Wilder/Mc Burnie partnership. I think a a period of rehab by dropping a league could prove mutually beneficial.

Hang on, just looking for my tin hat lol   

Top striker at this level to be fair.

Would take him, but only on loan and they pay all his wages! :duntmatter: