Free transfer market.

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Looks like Pulis will be dipping into the free transfer market. I think we definatley need a LB and a CF. Ideally a RB and a Winger too but they may have to wait. 

Any suggestions on who might be a good signing? Looking through the list I’d say;

Darryl Janmaat

Ahmet Musa

Jackson Irvine

Omar Niasse

Not really much out there to be honest.

All of them plus Mario “the dingle” Balotelli.

2 minutes ago, GlasgOwl said:

Had a look at players who plied their trade in Scotland last season and who are free just now, according to transfermarket.com

Jozo Simunivic, Croatian centre half 25 years old, ex celtic.

Jon Flanagan, English full back, 27 years old, Ex Liverpool & Rangers.

Only 2 worth looking at.

Flanagan got convicted of beating up his girlfriend. Rather not have someone like that at our club. 

Simunovic is always injured so he’d be a perfect fit... 

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

We desperately need a couple more attacking players now as our options are awful.  We need more pace up top as Pulis will set us up to be organised and defensively sound but he needs someone up top to run past opposing defenders to win corners and free kicks. And we need to get someone else to take them too 

I totally agree but a lot of other clubs in our position would look towards their U23’s forwards. Do we not have any young No9 that with a little extra coaching can’t make the step up. If we don’t what’s the point of the academy etc. !!!!!!

The problem with free transfers is that, with one or two exceptions, you generally get what you pay for - which is not a lot. It’s like shopping in Poundland instead of Harrods.

I think we’ll just have to hope that DC realises that he needs to splash the cash again to bring in a bit of quality if we’re going to stay up

Spotted the problem with Jackson Irvine, got the same agent as players such as Son, Maddison, Walker, Rose and Raphael Varane.....

Aswell as Onomah who didn't favour well here.

Market value for Irvine is 2.25m. You can easily see an agent fee of our 1m being requested, so technically won't be free.

For a league 1 player, wages will also be high.

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

From that list , Quaner , Sako and Mendez Laing all look like Pulis type signings.

Has it been revealed why Mendez Laing got the boot yet ?