Bazza

Guest Therealrealist

My Opinion.

The promble with us is BBs team mates appear to have no confidence in their own ability to play a pass so they look purposely for him to pass the responsibility.

Now 1 of my gripes with BB (and other professional footballers btw) is he only has 1 foot that can actually kick the ball so he twists, turns and at times piroettes (spelling Police please feel free) to ensure he can play a pass.

This is how at times he slows the play down, if hes not in the side i feel we may be more fluent with our ball play.

A luxury player, yes he is, but can we afford a luxury player at this time or do we need a change?

I fully get the statement by TP while at Palace.

Fell below his usual high standards but he's the only creative outlet we have in that midfield. Lose him and without a replacement would be a huge blow.

In terms of the corners, yeah they were mostly awful but why isn't someone else going over and asking for one? It was only when Brown came on that someone else even looked like taking one. That worries me more than Barry having a poor game.

Guest Bulgaria

Slowly but surely our better players are leaving, being replaced with League one players.

Now some want our one and only footballer to pack his bags.

League one is where we are heading..

Bannan, Reach , Lees, Palmer, Rhodes, Westwood, etc are the stinky dreggs at the bottom of the mug of a 5 year old cup of tea/failed tilt at promotion.

Their mere presence at the club clouds us in an aura of overpaid failure.

Taken millions out of the club and delivered nothing tangible. Bottled it when it really matters like their sponsor Fraud Carlos.

We won't start moving forward again until every last one of them has been moved on by the Clown in the Boardroom.

10 hours ago, Hotten Owl said:

Some incredible, laughable nonsense posted on this thread. 

When I watch Wednesday, I'm drawn to watching Bannan more than any other player. When he's on form, and the team is playing well, he's head and shoulders above any of them. His intelligence, movement, range of passing - we literally have no one close, and all these people calling him out - who would you sign if he had p issed off to Brentford? He can be a joy to watch, and I'd struggle to have a football conversation with anyone who doesn't see that in all honesty.

I get as frustrated as anyone when he's drawn deep, and plays one twos with Lees. But look at the quality around him. This is genuinely the most bang average team (and that's being generous) we have had for a fair few seasons. I can't see it working out with Pullis in charge, and I expect him to leave in January. He looks like he's not enjoying his football, and that could go quite a way back into the Monk era, and again, the style of football we were playing. The choice of manager now isn't one I am happy with, and imo we'll keep treading water trying to stay up rather than looking at building a progressive, passing side - the sort of side Bannan could easily flourish in for another 3 or 4 seasons. 

Bannan is a good player but let’s not get carried away with the quality and range of passing.  He’s not in the same league as a John Sheridan.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Marro said:

Bannan is a good player but let’s not get carried away with the quality and range of passing.  He’s not in the same league as a John Sheridan.  

Well obviously not.

Sheridian played the best years of his career in the top flight and was a mainstay in his national team who were decent at the time, Bannan is a top level championship midfielder who plays sporadically for his national team who until fairly recently have been poo at best

Not good yesterday.

Awful set plays and his game management leaves a lot to be desired at times.

There was a point in the second half where he gave the ball away by trying to do a back heel in the middle of the park. You just don't do that in a game like that.

For me, I think he has lost a yard of pace too. He was never quick per se, but had a zip about his play, able to get himself out of tricky situations.

Now, he's a nice footballer, who often gets bullied or nullified in games. Combine that with him having to play with some utter dross.

21 hours ago, daleblue said:

I thought our Barry had one of his better games today, nobody got vision like our Barry,

if yur reading this Barry you carry on like you are, don't listen to these lot.

Best player in the Championship, should be looking to play in Premier next Season.

Said only you, ever...

I'm sorry but he's not a great player, his set pieces have been poor for years now and he's not really that effective. Every now and again his passes are fantastic but he never supports the pass by moving forward to work through the thirds...he admires his pass and that's it..watch hiome closely after he has passed it.

3 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Said only you, ever...

I'm sorry but he's not a great player, his set pieces have been poor for years now and he's not really that effective. Every now and again his passes are fantastic but he never supports the pass by moving forward to work through the thirds...he admires his pass and that's it..watch hiome closely after he has passed it.

Really, I was taking the wee wee, did you not get that?

3 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

The quality around him has progressively decreased over the years. He's gone from being a cog in a bigger machine, asked to chip in with moments of quality alongside the contributions of Hooper, Forestieri, Lee, Wallace, to being the machine in its entirety.

If Bannan is off, the whole attacking side of our game is off. It's been this way for a while. And the rest of the team have become accustomed to it. He's their safety net. Not comfortable on the ball? Pass it to Bannan asap and hope he does something. It's why he's had to drop further and further back to the point he spends most of the game alongside our centre halves.

There's nobody else who wants it. He's been surrounded by shirkers for months. Years even. There's no reason the likes of Adam Reach can't be dictating games the way Bannan has. He's got the ability, he just doesn't want the responsibility. Happy to coast by. He's far from being the only one either.

Bannan's contributions from set pieces and corners should rightly be questioned, they've been cr@p for a while. But he wants it. He wants the responsibility. And I give him plenty of credit for that over the last few years. If we had a penalty shoot out tomorrow to decide if we stay in the division, he'd be the first one with his hand up to volunteer to take the first one. Not sure how many others would be close behind him in doing the same...

some great points. I really hoped signing Izzy Brown would help take some of the weight off of Bannan but we've not seen it yet

14 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

The quality around him has progressively decreased over the years. He's gone from being a cog in a bigger machine, asked to chip in with moments of quality alongside the contributions of Hooper, Forestieri, Lee, Wallace, to being the machine in its entirety.

If Bannan is off, the whole attacking side of our game is off. It's been this way for a while. And the rest of the team have become accustomed to it. He's their safety net. Not comfortable on the ball? Pass it to Bannan asap and hope he does something. It's why he's had to drop further and further back to the point he spends most of the game alongside our centre halves.

There's nobody else who wants it. He's been surrounded by shirkers for months. Years even. There's no reason the likes of Adam Reach can't be dictating games the way Bannan has. He's got the ability, he just doesn't want the responsibility. Happy to coast by. He's far from being the only one either.

Bannan's contributions from set pieces and corners should rightly be questioned, they've been cr@p for a while. But he wants it. He wants the responsibility. And I give him plenty of credit for that over the last few years. If we had a penalty shoot out tomorrow to decide if we stay in the division, he'd be the first one with his hand up to volunteer to take the first one. Not sure how many others would be close behind him in doing the same...

Great post, and so right.