Bazza

Guest Therealrealist

14 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Says 'the old cliché' (missing the accent).

Then comes out with one and then his regurgitated phrase. 

You've literally just named 3 clubs above Wednesday as a reason why Bannan is no good. 

I know it's a bit of a mixed ability group here but blimey, it's like debating with mince. 

Can you pass your big boy pants onto the players 

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, Swiss Toni said:

I’d be keen to see us play Brown and Luongo in the middle and push Bannan out left. If we are going to lose Bannan at the end of the season I’d like to see us try something different in the middle of the park. 

Rather have hutch than either of them tbh...no presence wotsoever...brown offers nothing...and everybody raves about Luongo..but he doesn’t impose himself on the game at all...just seems happy to float along..I don’t get the love in

9 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Stop supporting Wednesday and stop posting on Owlstalk.

Two things that will increase your happiness instantly.

I’ve tried mate. But I’m like a crack head for it. Misery is my mistress. Owlstalk and Wednesday keep me fully satisfied with all the misery I need 😱

• Haha 1

Bannan doesn’t track runners, demands the ball in unnecessary positions , thus slowing us down, tries fancy stuff in silly places, takes Darren Potter corners, but the odd glory ball that comes off and 58 2 yard passes to defenders to get his stats up has everyone creaming over him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Some incredible, laughable nonsense posted on this thread. 

When I watch Wednesday, I'm drawn to watching Bannan more than any other player. When he's on form, and the team is playing well, he's head and shoulders above any of them. His intelligence, movement, range of passing - we literally have no one close, and all these people calling him out - who would you sign if he had p issed off to Brentford? He can be a joy to watch, and I'd struggle to have a football conversation with anyone who doesn't see that in all honesty.

I get as frustrated as anyone when he's drawn deep, and plays one twos with Lees. But look at the quality around him. This is genuinely the most bang average team (and that's being generous) we have had for a fair few seasons. I can't see it working out with Pullis in charge, and I expect him to leave in January. He looks like he's not enjoying his football, and that could go quite a way back into the Monk era, and again, the style of football we were playing. The choice of manager now isn't one I am happy with, and imo we'll keep treading water trying to stay up rather than looking at building a progressive, passing side - the sort of side Bannan could easily flourish in for another 3 or 4 seasons. 

9 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Rather have hutch than either of them tbh...no presence wotsoever...brown offers nothing...and everybody raves about Luongo..but he doesn’t impose himself on the game at all...just seems happy to float along..I don’t get the love in

Hutch  has gone so no point mentioning him. Can only work with what’s at the club.

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Some incredible, laughable nonsense posted on this thread. 

When I watch Wednesday, I'm drawn to watching Bannan more than any other player. When he's on form, and the team is playing well, he's head and shoulders above any of them. His intelligence, movement, range of passing - we literally have no one close, and all these people calling him out - who would you sign if he had p issed off to Brentford? He can be a joy to watch, and I'd struggle to have a football conversation with anyone who doesn't see that in all honesty.

I get as frustrated as anyone when he's drawn deep, and plays one twos with Lees. But look at the quality around him. This is genuinely the most bang average team (and that's being generous) we have had for a fair few seasons. I can't see it working out with Pullis in charge, and I expect him to leave in January. He looks like he's not enjoying his football, and that could go quite a way back into the Monk era, and again, the style of football we were playing. The choice of manager now isn't one I am happy with, and imo we'll keep treading water trying to stay up rather than looking at building a progressive, passing side - the sort of side Bannan could easily flourish in for another 3 or 4 seasons. 

People who call opinions they don’t agree with ‘laughable nonsense’ tho ..😂..maybe a forum is the wrong place to be on a sat day night🤓

I agree he was pants. 

But he stands out when he plays bad compared to everyone else. We expect and are used to most other players being kak, yet when bazza has an off day it sticks out like a sore thumb. Everything we do well goes through him. He has made us tick for the last however many seasons. 

I said on a post a few months ago that we should be eyeing up a long term replacement rather than waiting til the summer and then thinking what do we do now? Like we did with Fletcher and Fox in the summer. 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

As poor as Bannan was today, I think a few are forgetting that we played most of the game with 10 men.

Our remaining forward being the one Pulis just said ain’t a forward.

Hardly great conditions for your creative midfielder to operate in

Who’s this creative midfielder you speak of??

26 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

People who call opinions they don’t agree with ‘laughable nonsense’ tho ..😂..maybe a forum is the wrong place to be on a sat day night🤓

'Bannan stunk the place out'

Sorry yeah, I take it all back. This isn't laughable nonsense. I meant to say I don't agree with your opinion.

Blimey. 

36 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Agree with this

If people have points to make just make them

Don't add on some ridiculous claim or attack on others - it doesn't strengthen your point - it makes it look like you're so insecure about what you're saying that you need to attack someone else to make your point more valid

You don't - just make your point - it's perfectly fine to do that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, sMacLean said:

Should have snapped Brentford's hand off at £1.5m

Without bein dr hindsight I did say this...and a few others did...and them who didn’t are the usual got it wrong again brigade..