Bazza

Guest Therealrealist

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, Emilianenko said:

No , the ones who see his highlights, not the ones who watch him every week.

Thousands watch him week in week out and disagree  ( including myself )  

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

He's a player that the majority of league would want. 

A player who even though has the odd bad game still gives his all. 

Is proud to be part of this club and be its captain. 

I do think this appointment has ended the chance of us seeing him in a Wednesday shirt next season which I do think is a shame, as he's one of the very few 'footballers' we have in the squad. 

Agreed he won’t be here for next season. 

Not sure it’s all down to Pulis being here as I think his head had started to go before Monk left. 
Truth is in football sometimes a player benefits from a move. 
He has been a fantastic servant but think he will be elsewhere soon. 
Might be bad for us but probably best for him. 

Should have gone 2 years ago when he actually had some value. We need to start looking for the next Barry Bannan instead of pining over the old stale one we have. 

Another player we will lose for nothing at the end of the season as part of our owners crazy transfer strategy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

He's a player that the majority of league would want. 

A player who even though has the odd bad game still gives his all. 

Is proud to be part of this club and be its captain. 

I do think this appointment has ended the chance of us seeing him in a Wednesday shirt next season which I do think is a shame, as he's one of the very few 'footballers' we have in the squad. 

Barry’s a good player and if and when good players leave you have to ensure good players come in.  I can’t question his commitment to the club.  He’s also nearly 31 and if his departure meant we could improve the balance of the team then that’s not necessarily a bad thing?  

Football is a team game and you have to raise the overall quality of the squad rather than rely on individuals.  That’s been the problem with us for too long;  relying on the Forestieri’s and others to bail us out.  There is a place for special players but football is a team game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Thousands watch him week in week out and disagree  ( including myself )  

Thousands, you mean a minority. 

17 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Clearly sarcasm isn’t your strong point. You made the comment only the ones that watch him. That’s a general statement which is factually incorrect. Majority of fans that watch Bannan rate him. I go to games and he is still by far our best player. I never said Bannan was quality every week, I never said his set pieces were a joy to behold I never said he never had a bad game. 
Enjoy listening to the radio

You have your opinion I have mine. I also have a life. Try one. They’re fun. 

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Thousands watch him week in week out and agree ( including myself)

Thousands !! A minority you mean 

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, stanningtonowl said:

Insults now, classy. Enjoy the radio !!

1 minute ago, Marro said:

Barry’s a good player and if and when good players leave you have to ensure good players come in.  I can’t question his commitment to the club.  He’s also nearly 31 and if his departure meant we could improve the balance of the team then that’s not necessarily a bad thing?  

Football is a team game and you have to raise the overall quality of the squad rather than rely on individuals.  That’s been the problem with us for too long;  relying on the Forestieri’s and others to bail us out.  There is a place for special players but football is a team game.

Completely agree football is a team game and no player is above the club. What doesn't help with the thought of losing Bannan is the stark realisation of who replaces him. Which looking at our recent recruitment is safe to say won't be a world beater. 

When the quality of the squad dips you start to rely on the better ones remaining in it. E.g. I'd never say we 'relied' on Bannan overly in the first 2 seasons. 

He was a part of a dynamic midfield. This is much different now and it's a shame. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Agreed he won’t be here for next season. 

Not sure it’s all down to Pulis being here as I think his head had started to go before Monk left. 
Truth is in football sometimes a player benefits from a move. 
He has been a fantastic servant but think he will be elsewhere soon. 
Might be bad for us but probably best for him. 

Agree here pretty much. 

I personally think he wanted to go in the window, Brentford was a good opportunity. But as the captain he will stick it out. 

2 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Not wanting to intervene in someone else’s spat but I just to want to point out that ‘having a life’ is not always ‘fun’ as started by the above poster. I personally very much have a life and have absolutely no fun whatsoever.

Thank you for your attention. 

2 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Get a grip! He's by far the best player we've had for many years. He hasn't been at his best yes but look at the crap we have. I said giving him the captaincy was a big mistake. When he moans his game goes off. I've complained about a lot of players we've had who have been awful and I have Said we brought in players who were not good enough in the summer. However Bannan IS a top player in this league and if he does go....(likely with Mr Poolis and his poo football) you will all be complaining of having no players who can pass a ball. Also how much would someone like Bannan cost to replace! Get off his back! 

Stop talking utter drivel,he was dire today,did nothing,and like any player needs to have a good long look at his self...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

Look at the bigger picture..trek yer blinkers off..a change wud suit bazza and it wud also suit us

A change to what? Have you seen the dirge we've signed recently?

Do you think letting Bannan go will suddenly improve our recruitment? Can I have a bit of what you're drinking? (If it's legal).

6 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

That old cliche 

Clutching at straws 

He's played with better players

He did last season 

And did nothing worth bragging about 

Take your Wednesday glasses off 

Says 'the old cliché' (missing the accent).

Then comes out with one and then his regurgitated phrase. 

You've literally just named 3 clubs above Wednesday as a reason why Bannan is no good. 

I know it's a bit of a mixed ability group here but blimey, it's like debating with mince. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

Says 'the old cliché' (missing the accent).

Then comes out with one and then his regurgitated phrase. 

You've literally just named 3 clubs above Wednesday as a reason why Bannan is no good. 

I know it's a bit of a mixed ability group here but blimey, it's like debating with mince. 

💯Your a know nowt 

8 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Not wanting to intervene in someone else’s spat but I just to want to point out that ‘having a life’ is not always ‘fun’ as started by the above poster. I personally very much have a life and have absolutely no fun whatsoever.

Thank you for your attention. 

Stop supporting Wednesday and stop posting on Owlstalk.

Two things that will increase your happiness instantly.