Tony Pulis Post Match Comments

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

On the Westwood blunder - "He says his back foot has slipped and that’s why he’s punched. It’s his mistake, and he’s big enough to take that." It’s his mistake. He’s big enough and experienced enough to take it.

On Windass red card - "I haven’t seen it back yet. His foot was in high. We are not going to be able to appeal."

2 'mistakes' again cost us the game...

23 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I thought Josh could have headed it. He said he was trying to flick it over to Reachy.

He caught the player.

No reason whatsoever to put your feet that high,& would likely have been penalised anyway in my view for dangerous play,even with no contact...

22 hours ago, S1Owl said:

it's how a team reacts & changes from a loss that judges a manager.. From now he's seen his lot in a competitive game so for me it starts from here. 

Not really,not this team....how many losses?...will take a mass clearout...

22 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

Despite the red card and our game plan going out the window, you'd think even a 10-man team would be able to hit the target at least once in 90 minutes?

I didn't expect miracles today, esp after Windass' reckless challenge, and I've not seen anything, but to be reading about having put up a "spirited fight" but not had a chance on goal, well, I don't know...

Said it many times on here look to the people on the pitch,not in the dugout for our lack of success,those and those who bring/brought them in.................

21 hours ago, gizowl said:

Give the bloke a break, lets face it he's come in to a right f... ing mess, he's seen today the job is far bigger than he thought. Without mentioning names a lot of our squad is league 1 at best and the Monk bringing in young hungry fit players is going down like a lead balloon. This is a long term rebuild job from top to bottom and we are going to have to tolerate mediocrity for a good while until Pulis has had a couple of transfer windows to get shut of players that should never have been signed in the first place. In the meantime he will get what we've got playing to a settled disciplined formation and players that will be allowed to give nothing less than 100%.Patience and full support and togetherness is a must from our fabulous fanbase. UTO WAWAW. 

Get shut of?who is going to want/buy them?  drop and not use ,yes if he gets a good transfer window.For me i would let Bannnan go,if an offer came in,same with Reach or WW,Dawson too and the obvious one JR,though many if not all of these should NOT be re contracted full stop.(even at much reduced personal terms)

Dawson has a 5 year contract so will be around for ever,but said contract does at least give him a resale value...

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Get shut of?who is going to want/buy them?  drop and not use ,yes if he gets a good transfer window.For me i would let Bannnan go,if an offer came in,same with Reach or WW,Dawson too and the obvious one JR,though many if not all of these should NOT be re contracted full stop.(even at much reduced personal terms)

Dawson has a 5 year contract so will be around for ever,but said contract does at least give him a resale value...

A lot out of contract at the end of the season, then can't think of one of the senior players that will be offered a new deal and if Brentford come back for Bannan let him go, obviously the offer will be reduced from the summer one but he'll leave for nothing in summer 21.

51 minutes ago, gizowl said:

A lot out of contract at the end of the season, then can't think of one of the senior players that will be offered a new deal and if Brentford come back for Bannan let him go, obviously the offer will be reduced from the summer one but he'll leave for nothing in summer 21.

The ones out of contract have seen the writing on the wall & realise the S6 gravy train is over......can see the emails winging to Cyprus now....A professional football player should give his all and put in 100% effort right up to the last day of his contract.

Do you think that is happening at S6?...or are certain players in my view allegedly going through the motions?..just waiting out the remainder of their contracts,knowing they are not going to be renewed?

GK morale too,probably now at rock bottom....would you feel motivated if you were Wildsmith & had waited patiently for your chance,only to be dropped for a Player who hadnt played for 12 Months?

How does a manager deal with that,other than dropping them?..

On 21/11/2020 at 17:58, Hookowl said:

To sum it up then................we have Gards, Kempy, Westy and Reachy.

lol

Keir Westwoodie

Aaron Dawsoney

Josip Wildsmithy

Lamb Palmerston

Geoffrey Boner 

Tim Leeds

Virgin Mary's Husband Odebaj-noooo

Adam Reacharound

Jake Pelumessi 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

No - not at all - that's not what I'm saying

All I was meaning is that if you wrote down a Monk post match discussion and the Pulis post match discussion and asked people who had said which - you couldn't tell

I think you can apply this to every manager though. All these interviews are generic these days.

36 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

I think you can apply this to every manager though. All these interviews are generic these days.

100% - that's my point

Was just pointing out to those saying it was refreshing or exciting to hear that it was just the same as any manager would say

lol

Owlstalk Shop

On 21/11/2020 at 23:38, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

How do you get 4-3-3 from today’s team selection ? ? ?

Westwood

Palmer    Lees     Borner    VanAken

Luongo

Paterson              Bannan

Odubajo                  Windass                  Reach

Course it's all out the window soon as he gets a red card....

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

On 22/11/2020 at 05:08, reggae said:

Lot of young newish posters that make good points. 

Neil fell out with dc ages ago and of course needs traffic to power his server. Hence the new vip section. 

Hence our newly appointed camera lady in pr department. 

Don't let me do pics at game. I'll slate you on my owlstalk website I think the Convo went. 

Anyhow. Don't let his posts put you off. 

He thinks he's playing devils advocate. When in fact it's just rage. 

Uto wawaw 

Blimey .

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.