Tony Pulis Post Match Comments

1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Showed the awful negative football we can expect before sending off. Blaming Westwood...... what about not closing down! Yet again players letting people walk in to space.

Just watches the interview. 

He stuck up for Westwood by saying he slipped dint he?

Then talked about players not making tackles in the build up to it? 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

On the new backroom staff: 

I have worked with Gards at WBA. He’s a good coach.

Kempy couldn’t come because of an illness to his mother in law.

I have known Mike for years. He brings a lot of experience. He will help us with the recruitment in the years to come.

Long contract then ?

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

his loan has under 6weeks to go ,he wont be back whether he is injured on not ,derby had out pants down ,downright shocking ,why is it we are constantly looking at every one elses rejects , whats up with bringing though up and coming players from league 1 and get some decent young loans from premier league . everything we have signed is cast offs . out of what we have at the club only palmer maybe borner iorfa (if he ever will be fit) luongo id keep rest can go inc bannan . none of our youth players should get anywhere near the 1st team , id close it down for a year , recruit a decent youth/academy manager and get some decent lads signed who have a chance of getting into 1st team . our u23 u18 squads are a shambles in fact the whole club is . i dont think pulis has any idea how bad things are at the club well he does now and he is unable to bring in a proper coaching team in as there all retired , gardener is just starting out in coaching , and the other guy is a scout. 

Palmer?? Are you drunk?

Without iorfa and harris the team has no pace at all. Then being down to 10 men after 15 mins was just what we didn't need. Rest of game became a shambles as for TP getting to see the teams shape and performance levels. The game was going to be just holding on. Although we could have comfortably drawn if KW was not as rusty. I didnt see the urgency in bringing KW straight back in to the team without a few warm up  games or even some training. Wildsmith has been OK. Dawson may have responded to a new manager. Ultimately TP decision to put K\W straight in team probably cost us a point. Also gives CD and JW a big confidence knock.

Cant make my mind up if we have a terrible discipline record because of referees or genuine poor discipline. nI leaning towards bad refereeing. The Lees sending off was slightly worse than todays. A booking would have been the correct result from the challenge.

New managers cant work miracles. Players dont suddenly improve over night. Monk biggest problem was recruitment. Toady showed why TP needs to put this right in January or we could get stuck in a really bad rut.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Grandad
5 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Did he rounduns slip. His positioning was awful putting the ball too far Infront of him. 

The ifollow commentators said he slipped at the actual moment it was on TV. And in the replays

I thought he slipped on live viewing but looking at the replay it wasn't as obvious ... benefit of doubt for now.

Whether he did or not he'll still prove to be better than either Dawson or Wildsmith who admittedly was unfortunate to be dropped.

I would have played Wildsmith today but no way is he better than Westwood once he's back up to speed.

6 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Did he rounduns slip. His positioning was awful putting the ball too far Infront of him. 

He slipped just after the ball was kicked which obviously affected the confidence of his positioning seeing as the ball was in flight. 

It occurs at 55 seconds into the highlights video on YouTube officialswfc just as he appears on screen... 

16 minutes ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

I thought he slipped on live viewing but looking at the replay it wasn't as obvious ... benefit of doubt for now.

Whether he did or not he'll still prove to be better than either Dawson or Wildsmith who admittedly was unfortunate to be dropped.

I would have played Wildsmith today but no way is he better than Westwood once he's back up to speed.

It’s very obvious but I think people think he means as he handled the ball when it’s actually before, just after the ball is kicked...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

It’s very obvious but I think people think he means as he handled the ball when it’s actually before, just after the ball is kicked...

image.png.a072429f34b25fe1370aad2b28276d82.png

The blurred still doesn't fully capture it so I urge anyone who is unconvinced to check out the highlights video...

Lot of young newish posters that make good points. 

Neil fell out with dc ages ago and of course needs traffic to power his server. Hence the new vip section. 

Hence our newly appointed camera lady in pr department. 

Don't let me do pics at game. I'll slate you on my owlstalk website I think the Convo went. 

Anyhow. Don't let his posts put you off. 

He thinks he's playing devils advocate. When in fact it's just rage. 

Uto wawaw 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Are there any stats anywhere  to back up this claim that he's so dangerous?

6 goals in 2377 minutes since the start of the 19/20 season.

Played midfield and striker.

Goal every ~400 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1