Tony Pulis Post Match Comments

Despite the red card and our game plan going out the window, you'd think even a 10-man team would be able to hit the target at least once in 90 minutes?

I didn't expect miracles today, esp after Windass' reckless challenge, and I've not seen anything, but to be reading about having put up a "spirited fight" but not had a chance on goal, well, I don't know...

Pulis is now finding out that teams are raising their game against us because a) they know we are chasing the playoffs, and b) we are difficult to beat.

It took Monk too long to realise this, let's hope Pulis is a fast learner.

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Despite the red card and our game plan going out the window, you'd think even a 10-man team would be able to hit the target at least once in 90 minutes?

I didn't expect miracles today, esp after Windass' reckless challenge, and I've not seen anything, but to be reading about having put up a "spirited fight" but not had a chance on goal, well, I don't know...

It was the same at the other end though and would have been 0-0 if not for the error. Also think Odubajo should have hit the target as he had a chance that would have been put in the bottom corner 9/10 at the top level. Hard to expect miracles going forward when you’re playing 4-4-1 for 75 mins. Seemed to have a reasonable number of corners and throw ins but didn’t even have a height advantage to deploy the usual Pulis style. Can judge much more when we’ve had a run of games with 11 players.. think we’ll do ok tbh, not world beating but mid table form

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

4 goals in 27 full appearances in the Premier League.  (2018/19).

Not all of those appearances by any stretch were in midfield.

How many does our current best midfielder get a year?

I don't care about our midfielders - I was just interested in seeing Paterson's stats after Pulis said he was one of the most dangerous players  in the Championship

I'm not looking to compare him to anyone I'm just interested in Paterson's stats

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't care about our midfielders - I was just interested in seeing Paterson's stats after Pulis said he was one of the most dangerous players  in the Championship

I'm not looking to compare him to anyone I'm just interested in Paterson's stats

He said when arriving in to the box late he is... not that he is generally.

Reading those Warnock comments and from what Pulis has said about him not being a striker I can see him being used on the right hand side of midfield.

We desperately need strikers though. Windass suspended, Marriott injured, Paterson and Kachunga not strikers.. only Rhodes left

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Look ‘em up then if you’re that interested...

I’ve taken a screenshot of this post for when he gets player of the season for scoring double figures in an advanced midfield role.