It’s going to be a really hard watch but...

I’ve said this before but it reminds me of Megson taking over from Irvine and it took Meggo a little while before he managed to stop the rot. He stabilised us and got us competitive again. I think Pulis finds himself in a similar position but a level higher. It won’t be easy but I expect him to do a similar job to Meggo.

• Like 5

Well said OP.

The reaction from some on here after losing today is embarrassing. 1st game for a new manager, same weak squad, what were people expecting exactly?

We looked organised today and it was a disciplined performance with 10 men. We'd probably have got battered under some of our more recent managers after going down to 10 men that early.

I will be absolutely delighted if we manage to stay up, anything better than that is a pipe dream.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve said this before but it reminds me of Megson taking over from Irvine and it took Meggo a little while before he managed to stop the rot. He stabilised us and got us competitive again. I think Pulis finds himself in a similar position but a level higher. It won’t be easy but I expect him to do a similar job to Meggo.

He should get Megson in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The manager 'bounce' that every new manager at every other club always gets

I'd say that's just our luck I'm afraid. Not much Pulis can do about two brain fades from Windass and Westwood. We were the better team in the first half even with 10 men for the most part.