Man of the Match - Preston (A)

Definitely Borner again. Best player by a mile. Only one of the back line that can make a forward pass. Don’t think we could do worse with the kids strikers. We’ve nothing up front with 11 men never mind 10.

as an aside hope Pulis changes the shirt numbers to relevant positions.

Borner MoM and it’s good news he’s back to form that’s for sure. 
Westwood was at fault for a poor punch but I do think he adds value at organising the defence. 
Van Aken wasn’t great but given he was playing left back I don’t think he was as bad as he could have been. He is improving and is better than I ever thought he would be. 
Bannan awful today. Corners had me in tears. Three aimed at the defenders knees!. Van Aken took a better corner to be honest. Don’t know what to suggest for Barry. 
Luongo a welcome returnee. 
So little going on up front it’s not worth even mentioning. 
Main disappointment was the sending off which meant we never actually got to see what the Pulis plan was. 
It means I’ve got to watch the next match now! 
😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Borner 

Very poor all round today, think it was harsh but don’t put your foot up windass.

Palmer Reach Bannan my good god pathetic isn’t strong enough Lees did ok, Westwood should really have caught it but the little slip could have put doubt in his mind, installs more confidence than the other two. 

New players required fast starting to see how appalling the recruitment and management have been this calendar year 

Guest Bulgaria

Fell asleep watching the game, not once but twice!!!

I watched Borner run with ball for 20 meters without giving it away so I will go with him.

Not a great day at the office.

I'm not going to give scores, it would be embarrassing.

Westwood had nothing to do but managed to do it badly. If you are going to punch get some distance on it. His kicking never went within 10 yards of his target and his throwing was dreadful.  Judgement witheld needs games, rusty after a year in the garden.

Palmer, I didn't really notice him, I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

Lees, steady not spectacular, one of our better players

Borner, MOM had a very good game.

Van Aken, out of position, he tried but he's not a fullback.

Luongo, had a good game, lively until he tired, first game back. We need the Luongo from before his injury, great player.

Bannan, dreadful set pieces. It's not good when you hit the knees of the first man at a corner...3 times, maybe 4. Dreadful day, probably sulking after Pulis came in.

Reach, tried, not at his best but still one of the better players on the day.

Odubajo, Ran a lot but not his day.

Windass, I like him but that was dreadful.

Paterson, I don't get him, I try to because he's been a fans favourite elsewhere but I just haven't seen why. Maybe we aren't using him properly.

Pelupessy, I think he's half decent, he tries hard and he's had a couple of excellent games recently.

Rhodes, to be honest I was brain dead when he came on so it's not fair to comment.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Palmer Reach Bannan my good god pathetic isn’t strong enough , Westwood should really have caught it but the little slip could have put doubt in his mind, installs more confidence than the other two. 

3 who didnt have good games are worse than pathetic  yet the one who cost us the game had a little slip ..........deary me 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
4 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

Westwood - 5 - had one job, cocked it up. That said the defence didn't close down for the first ball in and no one reacted to the punch. Its a mistake yes but not a glaring one and I'm willing to accept one after so long out. Still head and shoulders better than other two.

4 - palmer- poor didn't get forward lacked energy and passed it to them time and again.
Crossing non existent and weak.

6 - lees - solid did nothing wrong but nothing special either

6 - Borner- see above. Sames

Van aken - 5 - played okay but isn't a full back didn't go forward once so it was more like a ******** eyes 3 6 1 than a 451.

Bannan - 2 - very poor from bannan to cap off a run of very poor performances. Not the captain I hoped he would be. In a really poor period of form. His set peice delivery is so poor and we need it to be so much better as that is literally the only way we will score.

Luongo - 4 - back from injury and it showed. What he did he did well however didn't do enough. Faded quickly. Will be another player that just won't get fit enough to make a difference.

Moses - 3 - just a poor footballer. Can't attack, can't defend just runs alot. His lack of composer cost us and he should have done much better with his half chance.

Reach - 3 - the days of reach are behind him. Previously he was super fit and worked hard. Now he really doesn't seem to give a crap.
Gave the ball away or just ran into his man several times today.

Patterson- 3 - has a tash. Slow leggy and doesn't win headers. A prime example of how monks recruitment was so very wrong.
Anonymous today.

Windass - 2 - brought in as a striker but his goal to game ratio is horrendous. Did nothing before his stupid challenge. Was a waste of money. He isnt a striker and isnt a midfielder, where does he fit in?
Was a red for me, high dangerous and stupid.

Subs -
Joey 5- has limited ability but does as he is asked. Not the problem today.

Brown- 2 - another lazy signing from monk. The guy is a crock and just hobbles about. Made no impact whats ever today and we will have spent most of our budget on his wages. Doesnt seem interested, happy to earn his big wage. Lacks desire

Rhodes - 1 - may as well brought ozzy owl on. Rhodes is done and offers nothing. Rhodes will not become a good player. He will become probably the worst signing in our history.

Pulis - 4 - lots of fans not overly impressed with the appointment. Goof opportunity today to get some fans on his side however I think he messed up is big audition.
We were poor before the sending off and worse after. There was no real change in the teams set up either. It honestly felt like we were satisfied with losing 1-0.
I do feel for him as he has inherited a very very squad. That has no purpose. Have we a team of quick players? No
Have we a team of big lads , target men ? No
Are we a team of technical old pros with quality.. no

We are a mismatch of centre halfs, half fit half injured utility players with no emphasis over preferred playing position.
TP needs a transfer window and soon.
None of his subs impacted on the game at all and there was no real plan A let alone a plan B

I was excited for this game. TP had won me over with his presser. Now I just feel dejected again and struggle to see where the goals will come from in this team.

Wednesday have spent around £25 million on;
Rhodes
Reach
Van Aken

Just let that sink in.

#swfc

Cannot argue with a word of that

48 minutes ago, torryowl said:

3 who didnt have good games are worse than pathetic  yet the one who cost us the game had a little slip ..........deary me 

Exactly!

None of us really know what went on behind the scenes with Westwood, but I don’t have it in me to welcome him back with open arms.  Others seem desperate to turn him into some kind of hero who has been wronged by the evil Monk - personally I don’t see it.  I was a little surprised he played today after being out for so long, clearly Pulis doesn’t rate Dawson or Wildsmith, but I’m really not sure Westwood is the answer.  Would be happy to see him leave at the end of the season.

• Like 3

Just now, Steve Down South said:

Exactly!

None of us really know what went on behind the scenes with Westwood, but I don’t have it in me to welcome him back with open arms.  Others seem desperate to turn him into some kind of hero who has been wronged by the evil Monk - personally I don’t see it.  I was a little surprised he played today after being out for so long, clearly Pulis doesn’t rate Dawson or Wildsmith, but I’m really not sure Westwood is the answer.  Would be happy to see him leave at the end of the season.

i dont know what went on  behind the scenes  or care for that matter ...what i do know he was crap last season and on todays showing  he's not improved ...lets hope he as a blinder  at swansea . 

• Like 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl

It was awful to watch but that is due to the stupidity of Windass

Westwood 5 organized well but his punch wasn’t good enough. Still nowhere near the level of rocks the other two have done over the last year but I expect better

Palmer 4 he’s not really good enough. Sinclair had him crapping his pants

Lees 7 battled hard 

Borner 9 outstanding. This is the warrior from last season 

Van Aken 5 he’s just a bit crap. Should have been sent off again 

Odubajo 3 he’s crap. Awful strike for our one good chance 

Bannan 3 the worst I’ve ever seen him play. Simply awful

Luongo 5 rusty and poor

Reach 3 he’s so powder puff. He just totally wee wees me off

Paterson 4 is he really a professional footballer?

Windass 1 ******** idiot! Should be fined!

Rhodes 3 garbage as usual 

Pelupessy 5 meh

Brown 4 what is his best position?

Pulis has got a massive job on his hands!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, torryowl said:

I never mentioned  wildsmith ... I dont give a feck who the keeper is and would  be delighted if we had the westwood of the carlos era back ....but he was p1ss poor last season and he's  not covered himself in glory today.

Still better than the other two. He organized well. It wasn’t a great punch but you’d expect some help from the defence to block. At least he doesn’t constantly get megged or save a shot that then spins over him. Still glad he’s back.

Borner.

Mistake by Westwood certainly but would the other two keepers punch or catch that ball? (I favour Joe over Cameron by the way). Where was the marking after the punch? 

One mistake by the keeper ,15 or more by captain fantastic, he only has one job. pass the sodding ball cos we excuse him winning possession and tracking back etc.

Rhodes gets stick when coming on for a team down to ten men. that barely creates a chance when we have eleven on and then has to play a Fletcher role.

• Like 2

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Still better than the other two. He organized well. It wasn’t a great punch but you’d expect some help from the defence to block. At least he doesn’t constantly get megged or save a shot that then spins over him. Still glad he’s back.

he had one shot to save and that was down to his mistake and he couldnt save it ... jeez he organized well, is that what the club pay 20 grand a week for ? ...i reckon being kind to the  bloke that 4 goals of the last 5 he's let in are down to him ..... he'll no doubt have a good game down the line but he aint going to get better at 36 . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1