Man of the Match - Preston (A)

Borner, closely followed by Lees. The back four looked sound all round to be fair. PNE caused no real problems. Nothing going forward though, the midfield is non-existent and is a real issue. Monk has the made the team extremely un-balanced

• Like 4

Borner and Lees were solid at the back.

Luongo was our best midfielder but only lasted an hour, which looks ominous with so many games coming up.

Van Aiken and Odabaju were poor.

Bannans dead balls have always been poor can't believe he still takes them.

Only Luongo out of our midfield and wide players gets in the opponents box, mark the striker/s and we are so easy to defend against.

I don't blame Pulis one bit, he has just stepped through the door and stood in a turd.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Westwood - 5 - had one job, cocked it up. That said the defence didn't close down for the first ball in and no one reacted to the punch. Its a mistake yes but not a glaring one and I'm willing to accept one after so long out. Still head and shoulders better than other two.

4 - palmer- poor didn't get forward lacked energy and passed it to them time and again.
Crossing non existent and weak.

6 - lees - solid did nothing wrong but nothing special either

6 - Borner- see above. Sames

Van aken - 5 - played okay but isn't a full back didn't go forward once so it was more like a ******** eyes 3 6 1 than a 451.

Bannan - 2 - very poor from bannan to cap off a run of very poor performances. Not the captain I hoped he would be. In a really poor period of form. His set peice delivery is so poor and we need it to be so much better as that is literally the only way we will score.

Luongo - 4 - back from injury and it showed. What he did he did well however didn't do enough. Faded quickly. Will be another player that just won't get fit enough to make a difference.

Moses - 3 - just a poor footballer. Can't attack, can't defend just runs alot. His lack of composer cost us and he should have done much better with his half chance.

Reach - 3 - the days of reach are behind him. Previously he was super fit and worked hard. Now he really doesn't seem to give a crap.
Gave the ball away or just ran into his man several times today.

Patterson- 3 - has a tash. Slow leggy and doesn't win headers. A prime example of how monks recruitment was so very wrong.
Anonymous today.

Windass - 2 - brought in as a striker but his goal to game ratio is horrendous. Did nothing before his stupid challenge. Was a waste of money. He isnt a striker and isnt a midfielder, where does he fit in?
Was a red for me, high dangerous and stupid.

Subs -
Joey 5- has limited ability but does as he is asked. Not the problem today.

Brown- 2 - another lazy signing from monk. The guy is a crock and just hobbles about. Made no impact whats ever today and we will have spent most of our budget on his wages. Doesnt seem interested, happy to earn his big wage. Lacks desire

Rhodes - 1 - may as well brought ozzy owl on. Rhodes is done and offers nothing. Rhodes will not become a good player. He will become probably the worst signing in our history.

Pulis - 4 - lots of fans not overly impressed with the appointment. Goof opportunity today to get some fans on his side however I think he messed up is big audition.
We were poor before the sending off and worse after. There was no real change in the teams set up either. It honestly felt like we were satisfied with losing 1-0.
I do feel for him as he has inherited a very very squad. That has no purpose. Have we a team of quick players? No
Have we a team of big lads , target men ? No
Are we a team of technical old pros with quality.. no

We are a mismatch of centre halfs, half fit half injured utility players with no emphasis over preferred playing position.
TP needs a transfer window and soon.
None of his subs impacted on the game at all and there was no real plan A let alone a plan B

I was excited for this game. TP had won me over with his presser. Now I just feel dejected again and struggle to see where the goals will come from in this team.

Wednesday have spent around £25 million on;
Rhodes
Reach
Van Aken

Just let that sink in.

#swfc

I agree with you about Moses and his lack of composer. He hasn’t written one song since he’s been at Wednesday... looks tone deaf to me.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

Borner, closely followed by Lees. The back four looked sound all round to be fair. PNE caused no real problems. Nothing going forward though, the midfield is non-existent and is a real issue. Monk has the made the team extremely un-balanced

TBF the team has been un-balanced for a few years now.

Another vote for Börner here. 

Thought he was solid. Made some great blocks and seemed when they did close ups to be doing a lot of organising and cajoling. 

I'm reight p*ssed off.

Not with the result especially coz I'm sort of used to use losing.

Especially against them shithouses. 

More with the red card coz it changes the entire complexity of the game and if been looking forward to it all week. 

We've learnt nowt from today. Soon as that red gets flashed it's all down the toilet int it. 

• Like 4

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

The 2 centre backs both played well....windass committed the equivalent  of football  suicide, bannan had  a shocker ,the keeper did what this  keeper does the rest fought hard with no effect  ...a poor day

What, ********'s up a cross?.

get Wildsmith back in.😉

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

What, ********'s up a cross?.

get Wildsmith back in.😉

I never mentioned  wildsmith ... I dont give a feck who the keeper is and would  be delighted if we had the westwood of the carlos era back ....but he was p1ss poor last season and he's  not covered himself in glory today.

• Like 3