Genuinely thought Monk had lost the dressing room

Guest Grandad

6 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

I think it probably shows how much Pulis rates Dawson and Wildsmith.  You can play him in U23s but that wont help much, might take him a few games to get totally match fit, but thankfully does not usually take a keeper quite as long.

Agree but you also have to add into the equation whether or not the players in front of Westwood all think he's a knobhead or not.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

It wasn’t monk who screwed us . Chansiri is to blame 100% for where we are . Monk being crap or good or carlos being a one trick pony or Bruce leaving us in the grand scheme means nowt . All this is down to chansiri . Whilst ever he is here we will be heading in one direction 

You light up my world like nobody else

4 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I wouldn’t fault majority of the players for their effort and hard work. But a serious lack of quality. I think only in the center backs do we have strength in depth when everyone is fit.

There is not enough quality in the first 11 and it's virtually none existent in the rest of the squad.

Problem is we pick up so many injuries. Pulis mentioned it in his presser. Injuries to key players keep costing us, it would damage any team.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I would love to know who actually signed these players

We have a 'recruitment team' but who was it that pushed for Chey "leg broke in two places and with metal pins in it" Dunkley etc?

Someone who is leading our owner on a merry dance whilst he still thinks it's going well

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

Plenty of us said that Monk should have gone in March, or at the very least at the end of the season, and certainly shouldn't be trusted with the summer transfer window rebuilding job because he'd undoubtedly balls it up and be gone by Christmas. 

And that’s what we exactly did. Looking back it was absolutely barmy to give Monk the summer to sign players and bring in his own coaching staff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

Someone who is leading our owner on a merry dance whilst he still thinks it's going well

Dean Hughes and David Downes our recruitment team brought to the club by Steve Bruce are most likely the ones who wanted Dunkley here. We tried to sign him under Bruce last season.

It’s a relatively risk free signing and I see the logic behind it. A good player at this level when fit. He was a free transfer and won’t cost the world in wages. 

Iorfa, Borner, Lees, Van Aken and Flint is plenty of cover at centre back. Just a shame bloody Flint got injured again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I think it was both. Monk couldn’t manage difficult senior players. We’ve also got a crap team.

He couldn’t. And he wasn’t great with Rhodes and Penney either. But Monk and any manager has in front of him a squad for a team which has been wrecked by inability to pay same level of wages as before because of FFP/ P and S. Fletcher was overpaid and not great but he was very steady and gave something to the team. He would have stayed if we had had the money to pay him. Given FF and Nuhui going as well, that’s a big hole upfront esp as Reach our other expensive star up front has no clear role in the team. Reach should have been sold, not Joao.  Easing Nuhui out looked sensible but he has not been replaced either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

Pulis first game, but yeah agree shows how poor Monks signings were.  We are lacking quality all over the pitch, he did a right number with us.  Problem is will take years to sort out as who is going to take some of these new players off our hands?

Don't agree the players are poor but even if that is the case. Who did you expect us to sign? We started on minus 12 points, who was supposed to walk through the door, Messi and Ronaldo?  We weren't an attractive proposition for players.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steelman said:

He already has finished this club.

We won't recover from his incompetence and mismanagement in my lifetime.

Cant wait to see what the uptake on STs will be next year because I've a feeling people will vote with their feet.

To be in this financial mire, DC has to carry can.
Players we are bringing in now after pushing out the summer exiters are poor. Now Windass has embarrassed himself two matches in a row ( swearing at Millwall bench last match) even he looks a questionable signing and we had had him on loan last season to get to know him! Is he going to miss three matches for that daft challenge?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steelman said:

He already has finished this club.

We won't recover from his incompetence and mismanagement in my lifetime.

Cant wait to see what the uptake on STs will be next year because I've a feeling people will vote with their feet.

Which is what i have already done,no ST,POTG,or even 'ifollow' for me......( i will follow my team via local radio & in pubs,when open)whilst WW & JR remain at the club,nothing personal against either just not willing to contribute to their wages...If the Chairman & his 'advisor'(s)  want to keep them here,let them pay...

No they are not the issue on the field WW,hasn't played,JR not been selected, but how much are they(and others before them) taking(taken) out of the Club in salary s?

When is enough before people like me say no more?  

As to the Chairman & his advisor(s) I wont comment further.........do i need to?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

What's your point?

Simple enough Q, I have friend at Blackpool who saw their club in similar,that was there solution,they simply refused in the only way possible to continue watching their club be allegedly destroyed