Odubajo

Pelupessy

Van Aken

Dawson

Kachunga

Rhodes

Paterson

Marriot

All these players simply aren't good enough!

Then untried and untested with Hunt, Shaw, Penny and FDB.

Then add in players woefully out of from of Bannan, Harris and Reach!

Then injured players on Iorfa and Flint.

Players with questionable fitness records in Brown and Luongo!

Who does that leave us with? Palmer, Lees, Borner, the only players who stay fit and plays with any sort of consistency? Even they've been out of form at some point!

The players that are good enough don't stay fit and the players that do stay fit are good enough!

Add Borner to that list. Flat footed and slow. 

You just know you're looking at players that aren't up to it. 

It's frustrating because you want them to be. 

I could be barking up wrong tree. But I don't see it. Maybe I'm harking after a time gone by or totally unrealistic. But there's little going for the group collectively. 

Behind Pulis 100%. But after today I must admit to thinking slightly differently about Monk. 

Both up against it. 

IMO Pulis has mindsets to shift as well as squeezing something out of a limited group. 

It wasn't the blood and thunder performance I was hoping for.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Exactly, and you really think they were what monk wanted ? They were all we could afford / attract because we are in an utter mess created by the most useless and clueless owner of all times.  It really is time he stops getting such an easy ride. He’s will finish this club. 

He already has finished this club.

We won't recover from his incompetence and mismanagement in my lifetime.

Cant wait to see what the uptake on STs will be next year because I've a feeling people will vote with their feet.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if teams can still sign free agents? Today showed we are still horribly lacking pace. Couldnt get out our half because there was no one to chase down a throwing or just run us up the pitch  Without knowing exactly what he was released for, mendez-laing I can't imagine would cost the earth. Montero? At Swansea last season. Not a world beater but I'd imagine would take a 7 month deal and would be a decent option. The options off the bench look depressing. An actual left back too please! 

37 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Add Borner to that list. Flat footed and slow. 

You just know you're looking at players that aren't up to it. 

It's frustrating because you want them to be. 

I could be barking up wrong tree. But I don't see it. Maybe I'm harking after a time gone by or totally unrealistic. But there's little going for the group collectively. 

Behind Pulis 100%. But after today I must admit to thinking slightly differently about Monk. 

Both up against it. 

IMO Pulis has mindsets to shift as well as squeezing something out of a limited group. 

I wouldn’t fault majority of the players for their effort and hard work. But a serious lack of quality. I think only in the center backs do we have strength in depth when everyone is fit.

There is not enough quality in the first 11 and it's virtually none existent in the rest of the squad.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Both up against it. 

This is quite the admission on Owlstalk - not many would dare say the same!

I always said that in order for us to have a 'successful' season (i.e. - staying up), we'd need to form a team that's greater than the sum of its parts. Monk seemed to be doing okay in this regard, but those three losses in a row against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe were criminal and made his position untenable, really.

Yes, we had injuries to key players, but there didn't appear to be a plan B or a sense of how to get back into a game once things started to conspire against us. We looked like a relegation team, basically.

Whether Pulis is able to turn things around and find a team hidden among our mess of a squad remains to be seen. It's not going to be easy, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bronxowl said:

Paterson and Windass are whank

the only positive is Westwood back

Pulis needs 10 games, then let’s judge him

btw, why do half our players look over weight and not fit?

Rhodes .....bambi on ice

WEstwood back. a positive? one shot on target=GOAL....Dawson would have been lambasted for doing what WW did today(and rightly so in my view) but anyway its good old 'Westy'............

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This is quite the admission on Owlstalk - not many would dare say the same!

I always said that in order for us to have a 'successful' season (i.e. - staying up), we'd need to form a team that's greater than the sum of its parts. Monk seemed to be doing okay in this regard, but those three losses in a row against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe were criminal and made his position untenable, really.

Yes, we had injuries to key players, but there didn't appear to be a plan B or a sense of how to get back into a game once things started to conspire against us. We looked like a relegation team, basically.

Whether Pulis is able to turn things around and find a team hidden among our mess of a squad remains to be seen. It's not going to be easy, though.

Thing is with Owlstalk. It's basically a dumping ground for my Wednesday related thoughts. 

It's a blessing for that. 😂 You'll hold me accountable though if it gets out of hand. As per Monk comment above 

• Haha 1