Jump to content

Genuinely thought Monk had lost the dressing room


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

How would anyone else do if they'd not played for 12 months then got thrown back in after a week of training?  

 

 

By your OWN LOGIC can you explain why - knowing the above - you would have played him?

 

lol

 

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Not sure who you were expecting us to sign given that we have got no money and we’re starting on -12

Your right but it doesn't alter the fact that the squad is pee poor and we need a major influx of players and quite a few players off the books again over the next three years.... if possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have the questions that Chansiri asked us in that survey? 
 

wasn’t it something around keeping expensive ticket prices so we can keep the best players and compete at the top of the league? 
 

chansiri, can I have an update on this please? Did we choose the option to have expensive tickets and merchandise so that we can compete at the bottom of the league? 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

Paterson and Windass are whank

the only positive is Westwood back

Pulis needs 10 games, then let’s judge him

btw, why do half our players look over weight and not fit?

Rhodes .....bambi on ice


Ten games? We are incredibly poor. It will probably take 4-5 transfer windows to build a squad capable of a top half finish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

I feel sorry for pulis 

He really has a job on his hands 

 

Monk and Dc have royally screwed us 

It wasn’t monk who screwed us . Chansiri is to blame 100% for where we are . Monk being crap or good or carlos being a one trick pony or Bruce leaving us in the grand scheme means nowt . All this is down to chansiri . Whilst ever he is here we will be heading in one direction 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

By your OWN LOGIC can you explain why - knowing the above - you would have played him?

 

lol

 

Cos I dont rate the other 2 keepers as highly as Westwood.

 

I'd rather risk Westwood making a mistake than put a keeper in (Dawson) that makes em regardless of match fitness. 

 

It maybe a bit harsh on Wildsmith, who I have always preferred to Dawson, and maybe Wildsmith should have played for 1 or 2 more games so Westwood could have a bit of time in the u23s to get some sharpness back, but hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. 

 

Let Westwood get back into it properly and see what happens, I bet he saves more points than he costs us over the season. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sambo89 said:

Cos I dont rate the other 2 keepers as highly as Westwood.

 

I'd rather risk Westwood making a mistake than put a keeper in (Dawson) that makes em regardless of match fitness. 

 

It maybe a bit harsh on Wildsmith, who I have always preferred to Dawson, and maybe Wildsmith should have played for 1 or 2 more games so Westwood could have a bit of time in the u23s to get some sharpness back, but hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. 

 

Let Westwood get back into it properly and see what happens, I bet he saves more points than he costs us over the season. 

 

 


He's on -3 so far

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

Your right but it doesn't alter the fact that the squad is pee poor and we need a major influx of players and quite a few players off the books again over the next three years.... if possible.

I wouldn’t trust the club to bring in an influx of players. Whilst we have nobody leading the club we will continue going round in circles. Managers/head coaches will come and go over the next few years but whilst we have dc at the top signing off on who comes in and out we have no chance.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, james o connor said:

It wasn’t monk who screwed us . Chansiri is to blame 100% for where we are . Monk being crap or good or carlos being a one trick pony or Bruce leaving us in the grand scheme means nowt . All this is down to chansiri . Whilst ever he is here we will be heading in one direction 

Yes Chansiri really needs to learn how to score doesn't he 

Chansiri needs to learn to tackle 

And he needs to learn to defend 

 

Chansiri can be blamed for a hell of a lot of things 

But I'm sorry the players need to be blamed for the poo show we are in atm 

 

Excuses like your post is what players on here dine on 

 

Players here are on 5 times as much as Wycombe, Barnsley and Rotherham players 

And they are taking the p155 out of this club and fans 

Yet people still defend them 

 

Time they stepped up!!! 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

Does anyone have the questions that Chansiri asked us in that survey? 
 

wasn’t it something around keeping expensive ticket prices so we can keep the best players and compete at the top of the league? 
 

chansiri, can I have an update on this please? Did we choose the option to have expensive tickets and merchandise so that we can compete at the bottom of the league? 


This was massively insulting to the fanbase at the time. And the promise hasn’t even been followed up. 

I tell ya. The way we’ve been run in recent years other fans would be organising protests.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Cos I dont rate the other 2 keepers as highly as Westwood.

 

I'd rather risk Westwood making a mistake than put a keeper in (Dawson) that makes em regardless of match fitness. 

 

It maybe a bit harsh on Wildsmith, who I have always preferred to Dawson, and maybe Wildsmith should have played for 1 or 2 more games so Westwood could have a bit of time in the u23s to get some sharpness back, but hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. 

 

Let Westwood get back into it properly and see what happens, I bet he saves more points than he costs us over the season. 

Stop living in the past. We are heading for league one and a crappy 36 year old crock who can’t kick is not what we need . Get him out , get wildsmith back in and let’s end this stupid obsession with Westwood . The bloke is a liability and has been for nearly two years 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The real problem was the transfers in the summer,

The current manager and the last one play pragmatic football with the focus being on a good target man.

We didn't sign one.

You then need runners in midfield to win the second ball.

We didn't sign any.

 

Now either Monk wanted to play a different way but didn't

Or the transfer approach didn't have a clue how we were going to play.

 

Given that the latest two managers have similar styles, there appears to be a lack of communication between manager and the transfer people.

 

We are in for a rough December, when the window opens I expect us to get half a team of hardworking physical players. If we don't or wait until the end of the window then I fear it could be too late by then.

Transfer window is when we will see if TP has say over transfers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sticky Micky said:

Yes Chansiri really needs to learn how to score doesn't he 

Chansiri needs to learn to tackle 

And he needs to learn to defend 

 

Chansiri can be blamed for a hell of a lot of things 

But I'm sorry the players need to be blamed for the poo show we are in atm 

 

Excuses like your post is what players on here dine on 

 

Players here are on 5 times as much as Wycombe, Barnsley and Rotherham players 

And they are taking the p155 out of this club and fans 

Yet people still defend them 

 

Time they stepped up!!! 

It’s not their fault they are on ridiculous contracts. If somebody offered me 5x my wage I would take it as well. 
 

Fact is you could offer every one of our players out as free transfers to other championship clubs on the proviso that they match their wages and I bet the only ones to go would be Iorfa and Luongo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:


This was massively insulting to the fanbase at the time. And the promise hasn’t even been followed up. 

I tell ya. The way we’ve been run in recent years other fans would be organising protests.

Deffo . Apparently our fan base or ‘toxic’ . I think they are far too accepting 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I wouldn’t trust the club to bring in an influx of players. Whilst we have nobody leading the club we will continue going round in circles. Managers/head coaches will come and go over the next few years but whilst we have dc at the top signing off on who comes in and out we have no chance.

Unfortunately I think you're right, things need to change or its more of the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...