Jump to content

Genuinely thought Monk had lost the dressing room


Recommended Posts

Red card cost us today. 
 

I think we looked more organised than we have recently. Was nice not to see the team collapse once we concede. 
 

Pulis is a good manager and I’m sure he will keep us up. My biggest concern is that we don’t have Pulis type players and may have to wait until January for him to get what he wants from this team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

 

What I thought was pretty crazy was starting him when as you say he hadn't played a game in over a year, and also hadn't trained.

He should have at least had a couple of weeks training and maybe a game with the U23's.

 

I think it probably shows how much Pulis rates Dawson and Wildsmith.  You can play him in U23s but that wont help much, might take him a few games to get totally match fit, but thankfully does not usually take a keeper quite as long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

The likes of Bannan and Reach won't last long under Pulis and rightly so. 

Bannan offers little other than his passing and dead balls and he’s just not doing it. Corners are atrocious.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

You see, we've made the mistake of replacing one terrible manager, with another. 

 

Add in a bunch of players with questionable attitudes and what do you expect. 

 

 

Attitude is not the problem - quality of players is 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Other than those three abysmal games against Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, I thought we showed decent effort, fight and determination in all our games this season.

 

Unfortunately, we have the dying embers of a once-strong squad topped up with cheap signings and loans.

 

It'll take some manager to turn this around.

And a lot of time unfortunately.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

He hadn't

 

We just have some really crap players

 

I can't think of one good signing we made in the summer. On loan or permanent

 

 

Not sure who you were expecting us to sign given that we have got no money and we’re starting on -12

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

 

I think it probably shows how much Pulis rates Dawson and Wildsmith.  You can play him in U23s but that wont help much, might take him a few games to get totally match fit, but thankfully does not usually take a keeper quite as long.

 

Or that Pulis said in his press conference that he rated him not thinking he'd be available so soon, and then had to stand by his statement.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maddogbob said:

You see, we've made the mistake of replacing one terrible manager, with another. 

 

Add in a bunch of players with questionable attitudes and what do you expect. 

 

 

We've replaced an awful manager with a reasonable one but not the one we should have had.

The players are crap which asks the question why wasn't Monk given the boot end of last season instead of wasting our budget on even worse players and staff.

DC and his stubborn ways means another season wasted when we should have been rebuilding. Instead we find ourselves sticking plasters over all the holes trying to plug leaks.

DC has a hell of alot to answer for.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Plenty of us said that Monk should have gone in March, or at the very least at the end of the season, and certainly shouldn't be trusted with the summer transfer window rebuilding job because he'd undoubtedly balls it up and be gone by Christmas. 

Exactly this ^^^

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone behind the ball. That's Pulis tactics. Couldn't tell we had a player sent off. Need to score goals, draws will relegate us. Lost today but without sending off might have drawn but if you defend so much and get caught out it's hard to change to attack. That's been our problem over past few years. We might end up defending better under Pulis but there is no time to waste. Goals goals goals. Or relegation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Would it be fair to suggest you’re not a fan of Westwood.

 


 

 

Cos Neil knows what happened at Christmas (allegedly) but won't share, so would rather sit on the side of Monk, even though he had one of the worst records in our history. 

 

How would anyone else do if they'd not played for 12 months then got thrown back in after a week of training? 

 

Half time whistle, Westwood and Luongo having a discussion, looked like Westwood was getting a point across about marking or something. How many times have we seen Dawson or Wildsmith do that? They don't! Organisation from the back is something we've missed. 

 

Yes, it was a soft flappy punch for their goal, but he had nothing else to do all game to see if he still has the wonder saves in him. 

 

Like Pulis he will need some time, give him some time in the starting XI and then judge him again. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sambo89 said:

Cos Neil knows what happened at Christmas (allegedly) but won't share, so would rather sit on the side of Monk, even though he had one of the worst records in our history. 

 

How would anyone else do if they'd not played for 12 months then got thrown back in after a week of training? 

 

Half time whistle, Westwood and Luongo having a discussion, looked like Westwood was getting a point across about marking or something. How many times have we seen Dawson or Wildsmith do that? They don't! Organisation from the back is something we've missed. 

 

Yes, it was a soft flappy punch for their goal, but he had nothing else to do all game to see if he still has the wonder saves in him. 

 

Like Pulis he will need some time, give him some time in the starting XI and then judge him again. 

Precisely. I struggle when I’ve not played five a side for 2 weeks! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...